Senior Automation Test Engineer £45,000 - £59,000 per annum (dependent on skills and experience) plus a range of benefits including 25 days annual leave, life assurance, an online benefits platform with a wide variety of discounts, and more...
Purplebricks is a unique hybrid estate agency. Having successfully disrupted the market with a strong focus and utilisation of technology and data, we are now the UK's largest estate agent, selling more homes than anyone else in the market
We're proud to be an official partner of Team GB and will be showing our support for the nation's Olympic athletes in the run-up to 2021. Our mission is simple: to be the best and most loved place for customers to buy, sell, and let their homes. We will achieve this through our amazing people - our #TeamPB
- and by living our Purple Promises, which bring us together and ensure we live and breathe the same beliefs and values.What does 'Digital' at Purplebricks look like?
Our ever-growing Digital team is made up from Design, Engineering, Infrastructure and Product experts. Our beanbags, sofas, mini-fridges and standing desks create a relaxed environment in our Shirley headquarters - supporting our culture of trying new things, failing fast, and being open about our successes and struggles. You'll be joining a team with a clearly defined product strategy led by a solid and experienced leadership team at the helm.Position Overview
We are looking for a self-motivated person who is passionate, always growing and possess the right attitude. As an automation team we love to evaluate, collaborate and embrace new technologies as well as priding ourselves on improving the overall QA practices. If this sounds interesting and you feel you will be interested in joining this team of QA's, please have a further read on the day to day section and the skills/experience list below.What will your day to day look like?
You will be joining a multi-discipled squad made up of different specialist ranging from scrum master, manual QA's, Front-End and back-end developers. As the AQA you will be involved from the feature briefing / planning stage to ensure quality input is been considered at an early stage; and, in breaking the features into small tasks and helping to identify the test types that will be applicable to each item within the sprint. You will develop the automation tests that fall within your area of expertise.
You will work alongside a manual QA during the sprint to plan and create test cases for each piece of work and collaboratively decide on which of these tests need to be automated. We will expect you to be able to confidently express your own opinion and views as part of the team, your opinion matters, and you can make a difference. You will primarily be the go-to person within your squad/team for all the automation test tasks that falls within the scope of your testing. You will be part of a larger QA community, who will support you by pair programming, reviewing your PR's and giving your advice.
You will feedback after log analysis on executed test results to the team and raise defects or give the green light if need be depending on your findings. Keeping in mind you are not limited to your squad/team however the squad work does take priority except where explicitly specified, you can get involved in helping with new proof of concepts outside the squad work. Part of your role is to champion quality within your squad and the tech team, also to encourage developers to write their own unit and integrations test and to act as a SME.What do we look for in a Automation Test Engineer?
- 3+ years of experience in automation testing
- Worked in agile environment (Preferably using scrum / Kanban)
- Experience in C#, .NET framework and LINQ
- Cypress / Selenium experience
- API automation testing experience.
- Build framework and harnesses.
- SQL experience
- Cypress / Selenium.
- Testing in CI/CD Environment.
- Understanding and testing Micro frontend.
- Experience in version control system preference is Git.
- Logs/Report Analysis.
- Experience working with docker.
- Confident pair programming with AQA's and DEV's.
- Identifying areas to improve current test suite and framework
- Attention to detail & test designs.
- Knowledge of testing react application
- Create NuGet and npm packages.
- Testing micro-services.
- Leadership and mentorship skills.
- Knowledge of using UX/designs to build UI automation test harness e.g. Wire-frame.
- Some experience in managing releases
- Security and Performance testing
- Experience of Mobile web/app automation testing using Appium
- Experience in integration with cloud based environment like browser stack and sauce labs
If this sounds like you, please apply by clicking the link below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, ex-service personnel status, or disability status.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90723701