IT Systems EngineerJob Summary:
Currently seeking a highly motivated, talented and experienced IT professional to complement our industry leading IT Department as an IT Systems Engineer specialising in Cisco and Checkpoint technologies along with other standard technologies. Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager you will form an integral part of the Infrastructure Services Team in taking ownership and delivery for the maintenance of core systems with a primary focus on the company's cutting-edge network and edge estate technology.
Whilst the primary role will be focused on day today maintenance of our Cisco and Checkpoint infrastructure the successful candidate will also take on additional responsibilities in supporting and maintaining a variety of other technologies to include VMware, NetApp, Citrix and Mitel delivering against infrastructure project requirements and providing 3rd line support to the IT Service Desk Team.Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring availability, Integrity and confidentiality of core network services to meet agreed SLA's and KPI are achieved.
- Undertaking all activities with a primary focus on risk mitigation and data security
- Carrying out day to day tasks relating to Network workload and Mitel telephony provisioning/de-provisioning including maintenance and monitoring.
- Management and strategic planning of overall network capacity
- Producing regular reports on overall network/Checkpoint health and providing remediation actions and recommended improvements
- Coordinating with 3rd party providers to ensure regular security and platform upgrade cycles are maintained
- Troubleshooting complex issues with 3rd party support Vendors such as Cisco, Checkpoint, TalkTalk Business, VMware, Citrix and NetApp.
- Building a strong working relationship with colleagues within the Infrastructure Services Team and the wider IT function
- Planning, managing and delivering infrastructure changes to support business and IT projects
- Monitoring and management for Simplify's core systems alerts related to capacity - response times - utilisation resources
- Creation and maintenance of suitable levels of documentation in relation to IT platforms and associated changes.
- Enabling the effective transition of services to BAU support
- Supporting additional technologies as and when required
- Staying abreast of latest technology trends and identifying new technologies that could provide additional efficiencies and benefits
- Providing coaching and guidance to Helpdesk team members as and when required
- Must be willing to support a rotational on-call posture after normal working hours in response to technical support
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong peer relationships
- Excellent written and communication skills, with the ability to articulate clearly and concisely under pressure
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively and clearly to a non-technical audience
Disposition and Attitude:
- Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager
- Ability to establish and maintain a good team relationship
- Ability to build strong relationships across the extended IT team and key business areas
Skills and Knowledge: Essential:
- Ability to successfully manage the prioritisation of issues and projects
- Focused on attention to detail, with a desire to see things through to completion
- Ability to embrace change
- Ability to work under extreme pressure whilst maintaining composure
- Ability to work independently with a clear focus on ownership and accountability
- Highly motivated, driven and results focused
·Proven experience in working with a Cisco network technology stack including:
·Experience working witha Microsoft technology stack including AD-DS, DNS, DHCP and Server operating systems 2012 to 2019
·Minimum of CCNA Routing and Switching qualifications
·Working knowledge and understanding of best practice IT Frameworks such as ITIL.
·Working knowledge of current IT trends in Cloud and on-premise technologies
- Ability to use creativity and innovation to automate and streamline processes and procedures
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of complex tasks using available resources, as needed.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Excellent analytic and troubleshooting skills
- Valid UK driving licence
- Mitel a another VOIP provider training/qualifications
- Experience working with vendor technology partners such as:
- Checkpoint R80.40 Firewall
- Citrix Netscaler and SDWAN/VPX)
- VMware vCenter 6.7
- NetApp 9.4 Clustered Data ONTAP
- CCSA: Check Point Certified Security Administrator
- Experience working with Azure Cloud services
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90724789