Job Title: Locum Educational Psychologist
Location: Kent country Council
Reporting to: Lead Educational Psychologist
Registration with the HCPC
Remote Work, 14 hours/week
TeachingPro is looking for someone to promote and facilitate the development, attainment and achievement of pupils who are vulnerable and/or have special educational needs and to undertake LA/SEN work including statutory advice.
Applicant must have completed professional training course as an Educational Psychologist which is recognised by the British Psychological Society and be registered with the Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC).
* Ability to work under pressure and prioritise appropriately.
* Ability to plan effectively.
* Well-developed self-motivation skills.
* Ability to work with a limited degree of direct supervision to challenging deadlines.
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and through all media with a wide range of professionals, using high level negotiation and interpersonal skills.
* Understanding of, and positive commitment to, inclusive practice in schools.
* Understanding of and positive belief in the promotion of equal opportunities for all.
* Up to date understanding of child development and knowledge of child related legislation including child protection procedures.
* Knowledge of psychological models, theories, and current issues.
* Knowledge of the context in which psychological services work.
Behavioural Traits are expected to focus on people management, take ownership, works collaboratively, and communicates effectively while focusing on results.
* Positive attitudes towards, and evidence of, own continuing development and reflective practice.
* Positive approach to networking and co-operative working with other departments, services, and agencies