A highly innovative Health Care research and development company is seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer.
QA engineer is responsible for creating and automating test cases, execute tests, build, implement, maintain and use new test frameworks and or extend existing frameworks, enabling end-to-end testing in multi-component environments.
- Own the automation, performance and security testing frameworks
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to create and improve test plans.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritise, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs during the software development life cycle.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Influence the direction of the automation effort, and its scheduling and prioritisation
- Proven work experience in software development as a Test Engineer, Automation Test Engineer or QA Engineer
- Ability and previous experience mentoring and coaching team members
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Strong knowledge of QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience using Automated testing framework and testing tools like Selenium, Behave, TestNG, REST Assured, FitNesse, Junit, JMeter, Gatling, OWASP
- Proficiency in collaborative development tools such as Github, Confluence and JIRA
- Experience of working with cloud platforms such as Azure and AWS
- Experience of the full testing life cycle from unit testing to user acceptance testing across a multiple product/service environment.
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Strong communication skills and able to work collaboratively, where required as part of a team
- Good problem-solving skills