Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer ( Continental Shift Pattern)
£37,000 to £40,000 + Package
Do you have experience of electrical and mechanical maintenance?
Ideally you will be multi-skilled with both Electrical and Mechanical Maintenance experience although a specialism in just electrical or just mechanical can be considered with development opportunities to build your skill set to become a multi-skilled engineer.
A manufacturing background, particularly within FMCG / food manufacturing would be desirable although not essential.
Your primary responsibility will be to ensure that all engineering works are done promptly, efficiently and to the correct standard to minimise plant downtime; coupled with a proactive approach to breakdown reduction and yield improvement.
* To ensure the completion of the PPM tasks and formulate improved maintenance practices.
* To actively champion health and safety, ensuring that a safe working environment exists for all employees and that as a minimum, it meets the standards set out in the company's health and safety and environmental policies.
* To be proactive in identifying and eliminating faulty processes by implementing long-term fixes.
* To uphold and exceed standards of product quality and GMP within their area that are appropriate to an industry-leading quality food manufacturer.
* To be aware of budget and stock control and maintain shift paperwork to a high standard.
The role is varied and will include:
* Maintaining and improving all plant, processes and assets to a safe, efficient and reliable standard.
* Day to day maintenance and improvement of plant, assets and services.
* Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with food and H&S standard.
* Ensure the completion of the PPM tasks and formulate improved maintenance practices.
* Diagnose and repair equipment faults in a timely fashion, ensuring the smooth running of the Engineering Request System.
* Actively champion health and safety.
* Be proactive in identifying and eliminating faulty processes by implementing long-term fixes.
* Electrical knowledge & experience (fault finding) OR Mechanical knowledge required.
* NVQ Level 3 or equivalent as a minimum in a related engineering qualification accompanied with experience.
* Ability to understand a manufacturing process, analyse the inputs and outputs of the process and be able to draw up plans to continually improve performance, both in efficiency and quality or willingness to learn.
* IT literate.
* Analytical problem solving approach and numerical capability.
* Team player, and able to work unsupervised and as part of the team.
* Able to work under pressure and prioritise.
* Good communication skills (written and verbal)