We require a well-organised and enthusiastic individual to become part of our support staff and play a pivotal role in the running of a small office.
Candidates must have excellent communication skills, be hard working and reliable and shoud be able to display a proficiency in MS Office, with a proven track record of working autonomously and on their own initiative.
Experience in preparing and submitting Criminal Legal Aid and Advice and Assistance Accounts to the Scottish Legal Aid Board is highly desirable, however full training will be provided if required.
General office duties including answering the telephone, filing etc. will also be required.
Working hours are full time between 08.45 and 5.30 p.m., although part-time hours will be considered.
Legal Secretary Duties include: -
* Opening and closing client files.
* Applying for expenditure and registering files with the Scottish Legal Aid Board
* Preparing and submitting accounts to the Scottish Legal Aid Board
* Writing and dispatching routine or straightforward letters
* Maintaining records, filing systems and computer files
* Answering general queries by telephone, post or in person
* Diary and email management
* Photocopying documents
* Assisting Solicitors and the Office Manageress as necessary.
Salary to be discussed depending on experience.
If you have not been contacted within 10 working days then you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. Offices are located in Airdrie and Coatbridge