International SOS is the world's leading medical and security services company with over 10,000 employees working in 1,000 locations in 90 countries. We were founded on the principle of putting the patient first and this is still true today. Led by 5,200 medical professionals and 200 security specialists our teams work night and day to find solutions to protect our clients in whatever situation they may be facing; we assess, advise and assist from a medical, security and logistical perspective to help safeguard travellers internationally through providing invaluable local knowledge and expertise on a global scale.
International SOS Government Services administers the TRICARE Overseas Program (TOP), providing high-quality, accessible health care services for U.S. Military service members, family members, retirees, and other eligible beneficiaries overseas.Job Description
We are currently looking for a Near Patient Medical Team Lead based in Aviano to manage a team of Near Patient Nurses in the region. This is a key member of the organisation in country medical service delivery team and will take on additional responsibilities including mentoring new employees, taking the lead on a project and working closely with in-country Near Patient management personnel.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide comprehensive In-patient clinical case management for a Beneficiary.
- Completing status reports upon admission and according to contractual requirements or acuity whilst the patient remains admitted to the provider.
- Visit the provider, or assist with calling providers or treating doctors for medical information for geographically remote cases as required.
- Liaise with PCSPs and beneficiaries on an as needed basis, to obtain detailed clinical information including past medical history to allow for accurate on-going case management.
- Establish and maintain relationships with the providers; leveraging these relationships for clinical, quality and formal reports, attending Hospital Governance meetings as enabled and seeking access and data to inform quality assurance of the provider.
- Obtain the discharge summary and hospital records from the provider, ensuring that the medical information correlates with the information obtained during admission and update the medical records accordingly
- Work with the in-country Physician Lead as a point of integration/coordination and continuity for the rotationally aligned forces with host nation providers
- Plan, execute and write up site audits, obtaining provider credentials to assess and document provider scope, safety and quality of service.
- Registered General Nurse or equivalent with significant years of experience with registration to practice in country of work
- Recognized qualification to minimum diploma level or equivalence in practice demonstrated through portfolio/CV
- A demonstrable commitment to professional development
- Able to communicate in Italian and English
- Experience of working in accordance with a Code of Professional Conduct (knowledge of confidentiality etc.)
- Experience of Microsoft Office software
- Broad professional Experience of dealing with the public/patients/other health professionals
- Experience of multidisciplinary team working in the approach to care Management
- Understands the medical culture and organization in Italy
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Our company brings together remarkable people and enables them to be themselves. At International SOS, we offer a great working environment, thanks to our commitment to flexible working, diversity and development.
We celebrate diversity on a global scale. We encourage every colleague to bring their personal best by creating an atmosphere of inclusion and equal support. Our success is the result of diverse ideas, skills and cross-cultural understanding.
Welcome to International SOS, your world of opportunity.
Please apply online now attaching your CV.