Newcastle, NE31 2EQSalary:
Up to £30,000, DOEContract:
Full time & PermanentHours:
Monday to Friday (8am to 5pm)About Us:
IQA Group is a leading provider of utility contracting services to Distribution Network Operators, the private sector and the public sector across the UK. Established in 2002, IQA now employs over 250 people across our four sites - Glasgow, North Wales, Newcastle and Liverpool.
Our parent company Elecnor, have 60 years of continuous growth and a presence in more than 50 countries, Elecnor has become one of the most outstanding Spanish business groups and a benchmark in the infrastructure, renewable energy and technology sectors. Elecnor has over 40 years' experience in the development of Infrastructure and Telecommunications Systems, covering the complete life cycle of a telecommunications network.
This is an exciting time to join IQA, at a period of growth and diversification. IQA, in conjunction with Elecnor, are entering into the Telecommunication market in the UK. We have recently been awarded a FTTH contract on behalf of City Fibre. As such we are looking to recruit experienced professionals in Newcastle for a long-term project.About the Role:
We are currently looking to recruit skilled and experienced Fibre Surveyors
to undertake all works associated with and including the site design, surveying and planning of fibre optic (FTTH) routes for the client.Day to day tasks are as follows (but not limited to):
- On-site surveying of proposed fibre installations.
- Customer premise and topographic data collection and verification.
- BTOR OH and UG survey.
- Identifying possible risks and complications for construction and planning around them where possible.
- Producing the survey drawings and documentation necessary for full design.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in fibre network surveying
- Knowledge of FTTx networks
- SA001, SA002, S5 & S6 PIA accreditations (not essential)
- Experience of BTOR OH and UG networksAbility to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to analyse data and understand cable and civils drawings
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Good health and safety knowledge and practices
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience with QGIS or other GIS systems
- BTOR and Streetworks qualifications are desirable
- Salary ranging up to £30,000
- Opportunities to progress career
- Works Van
- 22 days annual holiday, plus 8 stats
If you have the skills and experience, we require for this role, please click on the APPLY button and forward an up to date CV and cover letter.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to all applicants. If you do not hear from us within four weeks please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.No Agencies please!