OBIEE Engineer - Exciting ground breaking project and BAULocation: GosportPackage: up to £45,000 + 25 days annual leave + 3% Flex Fund + Life Assurance + Pension + Free onsite car parking/Gym/Canteen
Bring your Oracle/OBIEE expertise and I.T. passion to us and in return we'll give you an amazing career with growth and learning opportunities.
Come and work for one of the best kept secrets in I.T on a project that will be a real benefit to our MOD!Who are we?
Sopra Steria, European leader in digital transformation, provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end-to-end service offerings in the market: Consulting, Systems Integration, Software Development and Business Process Services. Sopra Steria is trusted by leading private and public organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenges.
Established in 2013, SSCL (Shared Services Connected Limited), is a joint venture between Sopra Steria and the Cabinet Office.
We have an enviable track record in the design and delivery of large scale business support solutions including HR, Payroll, Finance, IT, Procurement and Administration for our long list of clients including The Department for Work and Pensions, Environment Agency Department for Education, Ministry of Justice, Met Police and the Home Office.The day job
You'll be joining a vertical responsible for the paying of salaries, allowances and pensions to the UK Armed Forces and Veterans. Also administer and pay compensation to injured service personnel, and run the associated technical infrastructure and applications.
Part of the The Joint Personnel Application (JPA) programme, it was implemented to modernise the way the Armed Services carry out personnel and pay administration.
This role sits within the Data Team, whose Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) capability provides whole lifecycle engineering for OBIEE changes, both in terms of enhancing current functionality and providing corrective maintenance fixes and supports OBIEE use in the wider DBSPV user space.Key responsibilities
Essential skills -
- Design, develop and unit test enhancements to the OBIEE MI application.
- Provide input to strategic upgrade initiatives in terms of architecture, solution and high level design aspects.
- Maintain the OBIEE workset in Dimensions. Raising appropriate change documents and ensuring the Dimensions
- Documentation - Create and update release documentation (RTF, MI060, MD070, TE020 etc) as appropriate.
- Resolve any defects identified in Testing phases - either raised within the team or by the System Test, Regression Test or Performance Test Teams
- Create and submit RCB documentation - gaining all necessary permissions and ensuring relevant Dimensions work has been complete for specific release.
- Check overnight ETL, and investigate and fix any failures
- Monitor availability of all OBIEE services (presentation and BI servers) and work with DBAs to resolve any issues
- Monitor user requests (via RPD, Session Manager) and work with DBAs and users to resolve any issues (failures and performance issues)
- Monitor Serena Incident inbox, investigate any problems that arise, resolve and inform users where appropriate. Create a plan to fix problem where there is a real issue.
- Investigate and fix corrupt OBIEE data as identified by the customer via Serena Incident or highlighted during ETL processing.
Reasons why you should apply to us
- 5 years minimum on OBIEE 12C (and previous product incarnations), including ODI or Informatica, DAC, Database, RPD and Webcat.
- Operating System knowledge of AIX/OS and Linux
- Business knowledge of the UK MoD personnel and pay systems and processes would be highly advantageous
- Must have a solid engineering background in both change and service delivery support, and any supplementary software engineering experience beyond the minimum OBIEE requirement would be advantageous.
- We're big - really big. With that comes career growth opportunities - we offer excellent training, you'll join a company where development and progression is actively encouraged and not just something we talk about
- We have an enviable client list - we work with some of the biggest names out there
- We ensure our working environment is supportive and collaborative, everyone has a voice and all opinions count
- Our goal is to disrupt the market, not just follow the status quo
- Sustainability is really important to us, in fact we are within the top 1% of companies worldwide tackling climate change and managing our emissions
We embrace difference as a source of creativity, innovation and competitive advantage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds and identities.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, to enable you to perform to the best of your ability, please let us know when completing your application.