On behalf of an expanding accountancy practice, we are recruiting for an Accounts Senior
to join the Corporate Services Team at the firm's Kettering office.
This firm has a large agricultural client base and whilst not essential, some experience within agricultural accounting would be highly beneficially.As Accounts Senior, your responsibilities will include:
To be considered for this role, applicants will have the following skills, experience, and attributes:
- Support partners and managers in the Corporate Department to deliver quality service to clients with compliance and planning matters
- Review and prepare client accounts, tax or VAT
- Manage and deliver ad hoc projects and assignments
- Involvement with audit work as and when required
- Assist with higher level, technical client accounts and all aspects of taxation compliance
- Identify points for Partner to raise with clients and potential areas for additional services
- Finalise paperwork for dispatch to clients and HMRC in a timely manner meeting required deadlines and quality
- Bookkeeping, ledger maintenance, supplier maintenance and management accounts, as and when required
- Proactively liaise with clients to obtain relevant information, ensuring attention to detail
- Monitor own job quality and quantity in line with agreed budgets and record own chargeable time and ensure maximum recovery
- Support trainees by providing on the job coaching, supervision and review
- Review and depending on size of assignment prepare client tax returns and advise on tax payable and payment dates
- Assisting clients with accounts software and other bookkeeping queries as required
- Involvement in client seminars including attendance and set up where required and attend appropriate courses
- Involvement in networking and business generation under the guidance of more senior team members
- Be ACA or ACCA qualified (an exceptional finalist may be considered) with at least two years' experience within practice
- Ability to prepare client accounts, tax, PAYE or VAT quickly and efficiently with a good knowledge of all taxes
- Be IT literate, with knowledge of cloud accounting software including Xero
- Have excellent communication, listening and problem-solving skills
- Be resilient, energetic, and analytical with an acute attention to detail
- Highly organised and self-motivated
In addition to the above, you will live within commuting distance of Kettering and be willing to work outside normal hours as required.
This firm will offer the successful candidate a competitive salary and benefits package, a supportive working environment, and the opportunity to thrive and progress within a successful and expanding practice.
We can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.Submit your CV for this Accounts Senior role
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.