An exciting and unique opportunity has arisen for an extremely motivated and organised individual with the skills and knowledge of a (Common Source Data-base) CSDB Administrator to produce, publish and maintain Technical Publications for a complex library portfolio of MBDA's products across the Air, Land and Sea domains. This is a vital role in helping MBDA deliver its technical documentation commitments all over the world. A working knowledge of the authoring process in an engineering environment is highly desirable.What are we looking for?
What's in it for you?
- Experience in technical authoring and the process to develop and publish the documentation is essential. Use in particular of SGML is frequent but also the ability to adapt to other formats of authorship is desirable.
- Provide technical expertise in ensuring design teams have a clear understanding of the publication development, production and upkeep process.
- You may be required to be involved in demonstration or process proving activities at an alternative MBDA site or the Customer's location, in the UK or overseas.
- Experience and a working knowledge of the military environment for operation and maintenance technical publications is preferable but not essential.
- You need to actively assist in the technical publication development process, the associated reports and eventual delivery to the highest quality, on time and on cost.
- You need to be able to work with a variety of different types of people and will maintain a willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner, even when things are changed at the last minute.
- Liaise with product suppliers in support of technical publication technologies whilst maintaining personal and technical reports, records etc. of all technical publication activities to a high standard.
- Strong interpersonal skills for customer and industrial partners' interaction, a strong resilience and a good communicator.
- Willingness to travel within the UK and overseas.
- The successful applicant would act as an ambassador for Technical Publications and can help develop both the team and the corporate capability.
- Development Workshops offer exciting opportunities to diversify the publication methods and impact on department improvements.
- We analyse and assess many technical publication technologies using proof of concept and demonstrations to keep MBDA Technical Publications at the front of Innovation for technical document development and delivery.
- An excellent opportunity to gain a strong knowledge of the customer environment, culture, structure and processes. Travel to UK and overseas customer locations, although infrequent will be part of the role as well as trips to the MBDA France and Italy offices.
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative.
What's great about the team?
- To create and maintain S1000D projects in the company chosen Common Source Data-Base (CSDB) and Engineering Process Flow environment.
- Set up and monitor a Data Module Requirement List (DMRL) used for authorship then import and export the data for use in deliveries ensuring authors and managers follow the established workflow process.
- To produce customer deliveries using TrilogiBuild or the company chosen publishing software (Inmedius Publisher / Transition / designated contract publishing software). CSS/XSLT/XML coding to produce PDF output in the required format is also a highly desired skill.
- You will be part of a highly motivated team and required to provide Technical Publication assistance across the whole product lifecycle. You will set-up, maintain and publish large libraries of engineering technical publications across the full breadth of MBDA's product range utilising the various software and personnel tools at your disposal.
- The team use various authoring tools, languages such as Standard Generalised Mark-up Language (SGML) or traditional formats for the Company's products in accordance with individual contractual requirements, to enable safe and effective operation and repair of the equipment.
- Participate in developing, maintaining and modifying MBDA technical publication processes and procedures (where applicable) in assigned areas in response to technical developments and identified operational need. These will take into account future product updates and assist in the Continuous Improvements in MBDA Technical Publication Delivery.
- Develop, plan and manage the delivery of technical publication packages and make inputs as required to cross-functional projects to ensure the technical publications are delivered on time and to budget.
- Be sensitive and appropriately responsive to the UK and Export customer's local culture, behaviour and requirements in technical publication queries whilst keeping up to date in relevant technical areas.
- The Technical Publications department is currently populated by a variety of passionate, experienced and technically capable Authors and Illustrators.
- The team has a forward thinking and problem solving mind-set that you will instantly add value
- The team have regular social activities as well as the usual seasonal events and are co-located with the Training, Field Support and Spares departments encouraging a friendly and professional working environment.
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual's ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90636183