Manufacturing Engineer - Contract This is a contract role, initially for 12 months with possible extension after this..
A Manufacturing Engineer
is required to join an expanding high-tech scientific organisation. You will play a vital role in the manufacturing of a state of the art product range used in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries worldwide.
The product range is complex and involves intricate mechanical, electronics and software principles so you will need to have a strong background of working with hi-the machinery.
As a Manufacturing Engineer,
some of your daily tasks will include; working with designers and engineers to give design for manufacture input during the development process, working with the procurement team to develop an efficient and high quality supply chain.
You will also be responsible for improving the efficiency of production using best practice methods, as well as solving manufacturing issues by providing guidance, performing root cause analysis, and implementing solutions such as jigs and fixtures or design and process changes.Manufacturing Engineer requirements:
- A degree in Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent or extensive relevant experience.
- Experience of the design of jigs and fixtures for manufacturing.
- An understanding of working with injection moulding machinery would be highly desirable
- Good knowledge of NPI processes.
- Experience in development and maintaining manufacturing documentation.
- Sound understanding of Design for Manufacture (DfM).