Elevation Procurement & Supply Chain are currently recruiting for the following role within Chemical manufacturing:
Purpose of the job:
To deliver local purchasing solutions efficiently and effectively in accordance with the global purchasing framework. To lead the local purchasing team in providing all purchasing activities. To develop relationships with supplier representatives to ensure the business requirements are serviced to the standards we require.
Strong understanding of business, contract law and commercial negotiations.
Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
High personal and professional standards/integrity. Ability to strategically manage a function and team.
Ability to confidently negotiate supply terms with Vendors of any size. Understands raw material supply considerations and associated logistics.
Able to optimise the purchasing related processes and systems particularly SAP. Able to work with Production and Engineering functions to establish, and provide for, engineering parts and service requirements.
Able to ensure compliance across all functions with Global Purchasing protocols.
Experience within an industrial/chemical manufacturing environment.
Ability to recognise changing situations and adopt strategies/plans proactively.
Principal account abilities/Main tasks:
1. Ensures that the Grimsby plant operates withing the framework of the Global Purchasing Policy
2. Develops/delivers the local purchasing strategy and leads the local Purchasing team in alignment with the Grimsby manufacturing strategy.
3. Develops and maintains purchasing systems including SAP to ensure efficient/effective processes are in place as well as sufficient oversight of contracts/services/supplies.
4. Ensures all UK users are sufficiently trained in the use of purchasing systems.
5. Ensures availability of raw materials and services to required safety/cost/time/quality/quantity specifications to achieve planned fibre production.
6. Ensures availability of engineering spares to meet the engineering strategy
7. Provides the logistical interface between suppliers and the central purchasing team such that supplies to the business are scheduled to be delivered when required.
8. Ensures monthly raw material stock checks are carried out accurately and in a timely manner.
9. Documents and maintains appropriate SHE procedures for purchased materials and services and with regards to the receipt of goods/materials to the site
10. Leads sourcing of products for new developments
11. Leads contract negotiations and supplier relationship management.
12. Identifies and researches new vendors to support price and supply negotiations .
13. Manages the storage of raw materials/consumables in accordance with ISO9000/14000
14. Ensures Vendor assessments are conducted to ensure conformity to set standards.
15. Responsible for ensuring that internal and external Safety, Health & Environmental standards are met in terms of both personal and team's work performance and behaviour
The ideal candidate will be degree educated and have hold a Cips qualification.