About the Role: We are an ambitious, growing and forward looking organisation with emphasis on quality and person-centred values looking for a Clinical Psychologist to join a friendly and competent MDT as the team psychologist. You will be supported by the Head of Psychology, a dedicated assistant psychologist and work closely with our CB therapist and others to deliver highly specialist psychological assessments and treatments using the latest methods and tools available.
Your role will include group and individually based psychological interventions for our patients with Personality Disorders/Complex Trauma and other severe and enduring mental health problems. You will also be required to provide training, supervision and consultations to colleagues to ensure that psychological methods are used to the benefit of all out patients. Supervision can be provided in a range of modalities to suit but we require you to have specialist skills in DBT or an interest in developing these skills.
If you are yet to have intensive training in DBT we will ensure this is provided to you by an internationally recognised and accredited training organisation with direct affiliation to the Linehan Institute in Seattle so you can join our cross sites DBT Consult team.
The post is based at Newton House in Blackpool which gives a wide range of options for urban and country living and we are proud of the local area to which we belong.
The ideal candidate for this post will have expertise, or a strong commitment to developing this expertise, in:
• The provision of a comprehensive and specialist psychology service to patients with Personality Disorders/Complex trauma and mental health problems.
• The provision of specialist psychological assessments of mental health/personality difficulties and the provision of indirect ways of delivering psychology services such as consultation and teaching to non-psychology colleagues and carers.
• Taking a leading role in undertaking formal risk assessment and risk management procedures.
• The provision of specialist psychological interventions through initiating and implementing treatment programmes in collaboration with the other team members.
• The writing and dissemination of reports and clinical summaries of an excellent standard.
• Participation (under the direction of the Head of psychology) in contributing to audits and research programmes across localities of an organisation.
• Working autonomously and within professional guidelines and the overall framework of MHC policies and procedures.
• Contributing to the MDT approach to Care and Treatment planning and delivery.
Benefits of Working with us:
• On-site parking available, Free Eye Care Vouchers
• Work Place Pension with Legal & General
• Comprehensive Learning & Development Package, Progression Opportunities
Salary: £42,000 per annum
Requirements: HCPC registration as Clinical or Forensic Psychologist
Hours of Work: 40 per week, working Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
Contract Type: Permanent
About the Service: Newton House is an Independent Hospital providing locked rehabilitation, habilitation and treatment to individuals living with complex and enduring mental health conditions.
We adopt a person centred approach for the rehabilitation of individual to their optimum level of functioning focusing on the individual recovery by enhancing skills and independence in a least restrictive environment.
About MHC: We are committed to delivering the very best care within our health services across England and North Wales. We provide a culture that empowers the people we work with - both individuals and colleagues - to fulfil their potential.
By working together, we develop pathways for individuals and colleagues that enable them to achieve positive outcomes. Likewise, we work together with families and carers too, so they are always fully involved in their loved one's care while they are with us.
Equal Opportunities: MHC are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all who believe they fit the essential requirements for this role regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
How to Apply: Please complete the short application and upload your CV, alternatively for an informal chat about the role please contact our Hospital Manager Rochelle Bowes on MHC Workforce Team on
(We reserve the right to bring forward our closing date, without notice in the event of high volumes of interest).