Nursing Home Nurse - County Down Salary: £18.50 per hourThe Company
This is a privately owned care home with nursing, providing services to the categories below:
- Old Age
- Physical Disability
- Younger adults
Here, they have 33 single rooms and can provide Physiotherapy and respite care.The Role:
We are looking to recruit nurses to join the team in this lovely care home.
You will work as a team unit with other staff nurses and members of staff in all aspects of their work.
To help Nurse Manager in all aspects of Nursing Care including taking temporary complete charge during absence of the Nurse Manager/ Administrator.Role Responsibilities:
A nursing home, as distinct from a residential care home, has to provide the kind of care which requires the specific skills of a qualified nurse or the supervision of a qualified nurse. This may occur in a variety of circumstances. For example:
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- When a person's general health deteriorates to a point where they need constant nursing care;
- Where a person's health is such that one or more of the following procedures is required periodically over twenty-four hours:
- Administration of medication by injection;
- Dressing to an open or closed wound;
- Artificial feeding;
- Basic nursing care of the type normally given to people confined to bed;
- Frequent attention as a result of double or single incontinence;
- Intensive rehabilitation following surgery or a debilitating disease which is likely to continue for some time;
- Management of complex prostheses or appliances.
RGN or RMN registration on NMC
Experience in a similar role preferred.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90583974