An innovative and rapidly expanding E-Commerce firm are looking to add to their ever-growing tech team with a Senior PHP Developer. This award-winning company has gone from strength to strength over the last 20 years with a strong focus on the addition of online trading as well as high streetThe Opportunity
- There will be a real focus on developing and extending the current functionaility on larger high-value enhancements and projects.
- In return you will receive a competitive salary with a company bonus up to 10%. Massive discounts on company products.
- In addition there is a great working environment in modern premises with a subsidised café, a really well equipped Gym and lots of free parking
What's needed to be considered?
- Deliver best-in-class PHP solutions across a broad array of software, web and mobile projects.
- Building and implementing new features and also extending and supporting current bespoke systems.
- Bringing legacy code up to date and improving its performance in the process.
- Solid experience in Zend Framework 1 / 2 or MVC (Laravel).
- Micro frameworks such as Zend Expressive or Lumen for REST APIs.
- Strong experience writing clean PHP Object Orientated code.
- Experience working with web services (XML/JSON/REST).
- Integrating external and developing internal APIs.
- Ability to rewrite legacy code to make it faster, lighter and more extensible.
- Database design / optimisation (MySQL, MariaDB, Amazon Aurora).
- Caching (Redis, Memcached).
- Experience with all types of testing including unit testing, automated web user, performance and capacity testing.
- Good knowledge of GIT, Composer, Docker, code repositories (Beanstalk App, GitHub, Bitbucket, Packagist).
- Working understanding of security practices.
- An active interest in current / new technologies to offer alternative solutions and tools to enhance applications.
I am receiving a very high amount of applications for vacancies at the moment and I am trying my best to get back to every applicant.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90567287