My client is a Leading Construction and Civil Engineering Company.
Due to an extensive forward order book of projects, particularly in Southern England, they are looking to appoint on a permanent basis a Site Engineer to focus on one or more projects in the region.
The nature of the work that they undertake includes;
* Bulk earthworks
* Groundworks and building infrastructure
* Concrete cutting and removal
* River and canal works
* Coastal defence
* Piling and foundations
* Port and harbour related schemes
* Renewable energy infrastructure
* Highways & Bridges
Engineers will actively lead this initiative and will be responsible for monitoring the quality of the works in conjunction with the Test and Inspection Plan, maintaining as built records.
* Assist the Site Manager in the initial site set-up, ensuring company systems and procedures are in place and implemented.
* Rigorously apply effective planning techniques, methods analysis and controls to ensure the most effective and continuous use of resources.
* Assist the Site Manager and Quantity Surveying Department by compiling data to record resources utilised on each activity.
* Support the implementation of strict financial controls on the payment of subcontractors, suppliers and operatives.
* Co-ordinate site engineering control activities to satisfy contract programme requirements, delegating or carrying out setting out as necessary.
* Ensure standard Company procedures are adopted in carrying out setting out operations, and that effective methods of communication are used in transmitting information to operatives and subcontractors.
* Carry out 'as built' surveys on completed works.
* Liaise and co-ordinate with all Head Office Departments to improve all levels of communication so as to benefit and develop overall Company objectives.
Experience and Qualifications:
* Standard setting out techniques - ability to use level & EDM. Knowledge of GPS preferred.
* Experience in highway works, particularly drainage and infrastructure ideally.
* HNC/HND/Degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or associated discipline
* CSCS Card
* Health & Safety Qualification