Deputy Nurse Manager Newcastle - £18p/h
Are you a senior experienced nurse looking to further their career in the healthcare sector? Or a Deputy Manager looking for new opportunity? Then we may have just the role for you!
Nadia at Amber Mace is currently recruiting for a Deputy Nurse Manager to join the team at an elderly nursing home in Newcastle. The home is situated in a pleasant suburb of Newcastle. It backs onto a small park and is well served by public transport with the Metro station being only a walk away.
As Deputy Nurse Manager, you will assist the Home Manager in the general day-to-day running of the Home. You will be a strong authoritative presence while the manager is away and will support the team at a supervisory level. You will possess strong clinical skills and will ideally have experience at a senior level and hold a valid nursing PIN.
The Role of Deputy Nurse Manager:
• Support and deputise for the Home Manager in their absence
• Assist the delegation of workloads and nursing resources
• Ensure accurate care records are kept and incidents/accidents are reported in accordance to the company policy
• Promote and maintain a high standard of nursing care
• To ensure effective induction of all staff, together with supervision of trained staff, as well as providing mentorship, assessment and induction of new care staff
• Conform to the latest guidelines and maintain the highest levels of care governance whilst regularly auditing practices and procedures
Skills/ Qualifications required of the Deputy Nurse Manager:
• Valid NMC PIN
• Strong clinical skills and experience
• Experience at a supervisory level
• Ability to supervise and lead a clinical team
• Possess a strong understanding of the needs of people living with learning disabilities and mental health needs
In return my client will offer a competitive salary of £18p/h, as well as excellent benefits including; ongoing professional development, training and career progression.
For more information regarding this opportunity or to apply please contact Nadia at Amber Mace on (phone number removed) or send an up to date CV to (url removed)