Barking & Dagenham College is a vibrant and extraordinarily successful College in East London with circa 12,500 students, circa 500 established staff and a turnover of £35m. The College offers routes into learning from entry level through to MBA level, including apprenticeships, higher level apprentices, higher education, and job centre plus clients. We have technical specialist areas from level 3 and above with a broad-based curriculum up to level 2. We are immensely proud of the achievements of our students, our entrepreneurial and motivated staff team, and our extensive partnership network. The College trains circa 850 apprentices, including circa 110 higher level apprenticeships and delivers work place training, traineeships and higher level technical and professional specialisms up to MBA level in our 4 strategic vocational areas; Construction, Design & Management; Engineering including mechatronics and robotics; Digital Creative; Health & Social Care and Leadership and Management across the pan London occupational sectors.
An exciting opportunity has risen for the Director of Curriculum Innovation. As part of the Senior Leadership Team, The Director of Curriculum Innovation will lead on the development and implementation of curriculum and sector strategies aligned to new government reforms and industry needs leading to meaningful progression pathways and lifelong learning. A key accountability is to ensure that the College's current and future curriculum reforms meets the needs of the local and regional economic environment.
With specific responsibility for leading the strategy for the Barking campus, the Director of Curriculum Innovation will build an ecosystem of key partners and stakeholders to align the curriculum to local priorities to support the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham regeneration and transformation strategy.
Strategic partnership development will extend to leading existing and new initiatives which positively impacts on the curriculum, delivery, and achievement of high outcomes.
* Strategic and operational experience and proven success in leading cross college curriculum strategies.
* Proven ability to work effectively as a senior team member, as well as, lead a significant staff team.
* Significant experience of design and delivery of a responsive curriculum that meets the needs of diverse client groups.
* Experience in leading innovation in the curriculum, teaching and learning and the learner experience.
* Proven record in the management of change and ability to complete a full learning cycle.
* Evidence of successfully working with partners, including employers and HEIs, to develop the college Curriculum and meet income targets.
* Proven success in planning and project management leading to positive outcomes.
* Demonstrate competence in the efficient management of finances, curriculum, and resources.
Education and qualifications
* Degree or appropriate professional qualifications.
* Masters level qualification
* Teaching qualification.
* Management qualification or willing to work towards.
* Significant knowledge of the curriculum offered within the college and have a firm grasp of current and impending changes to both FE and HE and employer delivery.
* Extensive knowledge, understanding and application of e-learning systems and application to educational pedagogy.
* Significant knowledge of funding methodology, Ofsted, and other regulatory bodies application to the FE sector.
* Thorough understanding of quality assurance and improvement processes how to improve the learner outcomes across all client groups.
* Detailed knowledge of funding mechanisms and the proven ability to plan and meet college budgetary, enrolment and income targets.
Skills and personal qualities
* Strong vision for the improvement and development of the curriculum college wide.
* Creative approach to problem solving and the willingness to be innovative when improving the college offer.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills; influencing, negotiation and facilitation skills to maintain collaborative relationships.
* Can-do" attitude and adaptable,
* Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines both internal and external.
* Proven commitment to equality and diversity, safeguarding, personalised learning and the provision of educational excellence
* Excellent IT skills and the ability to analyse and use complex data/information relating to College targets and objectives.
* Commitment to personal improvement through recent and relevant professional development