SEN Teaching Assistant
Are you an ambitious and creative SEN Teaching Assistant looking for your next challenge within a primary school in Stockport?
Are you an experienced Support worker looking to make the switch to education?
This is an excellent opportunity for a Psychology Graduate with SEN experience looking to pursue a career within education!
Would you like to join a supportive staff team to assist build on your current skills and experience?
About the role:
You will be supporting a student based in EYFS with ASD who can display challenging behaviour. You will need to have a calm and caring nature, without being phased by challenging behaviour.
Use of PECs, visual timetables and now/next boards
Will include elements of personal care
Providing tailored support during lesson time
CONTRACT / POSITION DETAILS:
* Location - Stockport
* Position - Teaching Assistant
* Start date - ASAP
* Duration / Likely Duration - Full academic year
* End date (if applicable) - July 2021
* Full time/part time - Full time
* The minimum rate of pay - Minimum rate of £65 per day
* Hours - 8:30 - 15:30
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous experience of working with Autism
- Experience using PECs is highly desirable
- Team Teach Qualification would be highly desirable
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year (desirable however not essential as Safeguarding training is provided)
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional references
If this role appeals to you, click 'apply now.'
For more information about the role or how Prospero Teaching can help you secure your next role, please contact Alex in the Manchester branch:
(phone number removed)
Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy. If you require more information, please have a look at our website:
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management - Here's a link to our free accredited online CPD courses
In-house Training and Development Team
Have a look at our free accredited online safeguarding course
Know of somebody perfect for this role? Refer a Friend