Teach Now are seeking passionate, experienced and dedicated Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistants to work in an OFSTED rated 'Good' school. The role is to begin in September 2020 and will continue until the end of the academic year with a view to continue in September. The schools is in Enfield town, North London with Parking on site and excellent transport links.
The school are looking for an individual who has previous experience working with children with Down's Syndrome. The student is non-verbal (has no speech) and gets easily frustrated so the school are looking for someone who can support the student and teacher with communication. Someone with experience using different communication aids is ideal so together you can work on speech and language. You must also be confident with your behaviour management and happy to completely commit to the role as continuity is key. The school are looking for someone to build a strong relationship with the child while at the same time raising the levels in Numeracy and Literacy. The role is full time, Monday - Friday for the hours of 8:30am - 4:00pm
Qualifications are not required for this role
The school are looking for individuals that are:
* Experienced working with children with SEN especially Down's Syndrome
* Experienced working with children that are non-verbal
* Experienced working with different types of communication aids
* Dedicated and passionate about education
* Able to commit for the duration of the placement
* Creative and dynamic in their approach to teaching and learning
* Honest and compassionate
* Happy to complete training to further develop their knowledge and understanding in education.
* DBS checked or happy to complete one
Successful candidates will benefit from:
* Competitive rates
* CPD training
* Working alongside a supportive team
* Having a designated and committed consultant to support you through your role
* An excellent referral bonus scheme
If this role sounds interesting to you and you feel you have all the above qualities, then please submit your up to date CV and Nick will be in touch with you.
Good luck with your application, we look forward to hearing from you