Behaviour Mentor Needed
** Mainstream Secondary school based in Camden
** Competitive rates of pay
** Excellent CPD opportunities
Active Recruitment are currently working closely with a Mainstream Secondary School in Camden, who are seeking an experienced behaviour Mentor to join them as soon as possible on full-time, a temp to perm basis. This fantastic School requires 1:1 support for a number of pupils that have a range of Special Education Needs and learning difficulties such as; Autism, SEMH and ADHD.
You will be providing 1:1 specialist support to pupils in both key stage 3 and 4 who need help overcoming barriers to learning, where behaviour and attendance issues are a cause for concern. You will be reporting the schools SENCO/ Inclusion Lead providing detailed daily feedback and learning progress reports.
* Additional Qualifications related to children (Highly desirable)
* Available to commit to a full-time, long-term position
* Previous experience inspiring and motivating pupils who display challenging behaviour
* Secondary aged support experience (not necessarily within a school)
* Calm, patient and caring approach to working with children
* Confident in your approach and able to deliver effective interventions
The successful candidate must have an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service before starting this role.
Active Recruitment LTD is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously the Criminal Records Bureau) and at least two independent references. We are an Equal Opportunities employer