Noise and Nuisance Officer - West London - Public Sector and Government
An established client of Morgan Hunt is seeking a Noise and Nuisance Officer to work in West London, conducting Noise and Nuisance investigations for the borough.
As a Noise and Nuisance Officer you will ensure that the impact from noise and nuisance on residents and others within the Royal Borough is controlled using appropriate enforcement powers, negotiation and practical knowledge within a 24 hour service operation.This service will consist of the following responsibilities:
The successful Noise and Nuisance Officer should have:
- Respond to, investigate and resolve, within published service standards, wherever possible, complaints relating primarily to noise and nuisance, but also complaints relating to other areas within the Environmental Health and Trading Standards remit.
- To serve and enforce notices under the Environmental protection Act 1990, Control of Pollution Act 1974 and any other legislation that is appropriate to secure the main purpose of the post.
- To follow up and re-visit where informal and formal action has been taken, checking works in progress, ensuring that the necessary works, etc. have been properly executed in accordance with good practice. To identify those cases where notices have not been complied with and take appropriate enforcement action.
- Instigate all necessary legal action in line with Council policy, including the preparation and presentation of evidence at Court and Tribunals.
- Respond to correspondence and maintain up to date records on the Boroughs' computer systems, officer notebooks, records of visits made and action taken to ensure a complete record of cases is maintained in the event of later enquiries, complaints or subsequent legal action.
- To give advice to the general public and commercial undertakings on Environmental Health matters relating to premises in the borough.
- Contribute to projects and initiatives in relation to the work of the Noise and Nuisance Team and, where appropriate, the Council or Team as a whole.
- Previous Experience of Environmental health Enforcement (Noise) within a Public Sector and Government setting, service of statutory notices, preparation of legal proceedings and appearing in court as a witness. For this role it is also necessary that you have up to date knowledge of current work practices and recent developments within Environmental Health Legislation, specifically noise related to Planning.
- A willingness to get involved in all aspects of our work and who will be able to make a valuable contribution to the team. Previous experience is essential for the post.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to organise and manage your own workload. You should also be able to work as part of a team and possess good IT skills.
If you feel you meet the above requirements of this Noise and Nuisance Officer contract, based in West London then please apply now. if you would like more information on this position or wish to discuss other roles within Public Sector and Government please give us a call on .
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.