Senior Software Engineer
SAINT- GOBAIN is the worldwide leader for habitat solutions and it is an International company with 350 years of history, employing more than 200,000 people in 64 countries. Saint Gobain Building Distribution UK is a group of companies that Includes: Jewson, Graham Plumbers Merchant, Gibbs & Dandy, Ideal Bathrooms, Minster and our new strategic brand Priority Building Supplies.
Being the market leader not only implies being receptive to innovations and attract talents, but also creating the right conditions for our people to improve their skill set and be an active part of the innovation process. In order to do so, our company is offering a rich training program that includes certifications widely recognised in the IT market. Our commitment in investing into people is evidenced by the fact that we have proudly been UK top employer since 2014.
Employees are supported by four key priorities: professional mobility, team diversity, employee commitment and development of talent.
Having the right talent is essential, and for SAINT-GOBAIN that's our people. Our success is built on recruiting the right people and supporting them throughout their career with us, whatever that may be.
We are always looking for talented people who want to work with us as we continue to go from strength to strength. We are passionate about providing our customers with the service they deserve and committed to everyone we work with to achieve our business objectives.Role and responsibilities:The office is based in Newbury, but the successful candidate will have the flexibility to work remotely.
The role requires high calibre Senior Software Engineer with a passion for digital web technologies, experience in the Microsoft .Net Core stack is essential, as this will be a challenging role in the selection and implementation of new technologies, ensuring a quality customer experience across our SGBD brand websites.
We are looking for a qualified Senior Software Engineer to join our development team. The successful candidate will be responsible for building, new high quality applications developed to the department standards, together with supporting the existing applications, taking direction from the Head of Internal Applications Development.
- Produce quality software applications
- Support existing applications
- Optimising applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with front-end Software Engineers and UX designers to improve usability
- Collaborate with our QA team - ensuring they can perform quality software testing and that the applications are fit for purpose
Within this role, the type of projects you will be working on includes:Digital & Internal Projects
Key skills we are looking for:
- Build Aviator Estimating Application
- Internal Business Applications
- Brand Website Integration Services
- Branch Directory
- Hands on experience with C# and .Net Core
- Proficient in building applications that behave consistently with Redux
- Proficient in building reusable UI components with React JS
- Proficient in building software architectures using Microservices
- Proficient with Docker Containerisation on Azure Cloud
- Proficient with MVC solution delivery in web based architecture
- Proficient with services development such as WCF or Web API
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Experience with an ORM framework such as Entity Framework or NHibernate
- SQL Server 2012 & 2016
It helps you write applications that behave consistently, run in different environmentDesirable experience:
Who you'll be working with:
- DevOps Azure Continuous Integration & Deployment
- Knowledge of appropriate standards of technical best practice
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as SASS and LESS
- SSRS and SSIS
- Agile software development processes Scrum
- A relevant degree e.g. Computer Science
Within our development team, you'll be working alongside a team of Business System Analysts, Agile QA specialists. We're a close knit team so if you are self-motivated, a good communicator and enjoy working efficiently without compromising the quality of the code, you will be a good fit.
You will also work with other members of our technical team within Service Delivery, collaborating to provide current and future system needs. Collaborating with people that use our systems to make sure our applications and functionality, match the needs of both the users and the business.Learning and Development:
SAINT-GOBAIN ENCOURAGE AND WELCOME DIVERSE APPLICATIONS AND ARE COMMITED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY.
- Azure Cloud CI, CD Stack
- Devops Azure
- Agile Scrum Master
We're committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.GDPR
- You will find information on our privacy notice here: http://applicantdataprivacy/