Situated in a quiet residential street in South Kensington. A residential home with accommodation for 25 elderly residents, providing health care to people who are elderly or suffering with dementia. An opportunity for Head of Care role.
To assist the Registered Care Home Manager in managing the day to day service of the Home to ensure the delivery of a quality driven, holistic service to Residents providing them with support, promote independence and as dignified and meaningful life as possible. Deputise for Registered Care Home Manager where necessary.
Assist in the co-ordination and implementation of the assessment process for the Residents.
Accountability for medication management according to relevant policy and procedure.
Develop and maintain internal and external channels of communication.
Manage and develop high performing teams to ensure the standards of care support are maintained in line with internal policies and procedures.
Prepare and maintain up to date records for compliance purposes.
- NVQ Level 3
- Experience in working with electronic care planning and monitoring systems.
- Requirements of latest Care Standards and relevant legislation
- Supervisory/management experience
- Experience of coaching , mentoring, monitoring and supervising a care team.
- Good organisational/leadership skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of developing Person-Centred care plans
- Ability to work on own initiative and with a team
- Effective change management skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Good networking/negotiation skills
An opportunity to work for a non profit charity delivering exceptional standards of care