We are currently recruiting on behalf of our client, 16 seat mini bus drivers for long-term, on going temporary work, working out of Leicester City Center
The role will b working Monday - Friday, 07.30 - 16.30
An enhanced DBS check will be required for this role and you must possess a valid UK driving licence with no more than 3 points.Duties of the role will include:
- Providing a transport service for all City Council Service Users and associated goods/services ensuring their personal well being and safe/secure travel at all times in accordance with the relevant policies, procedures and good practice whilst maintaining compliance with all relevant legislation.
- Making sure that, before driving a vehicle, it is in a fit and serviceable condition by carrying out daily and weekly routine checks as directed. Also, weekly safety checks, including fire precautions, as instructed or more frequently if operating conditions require it.
- Reporting any defect on the appropriate form.
- Driving any City Council operated vehicle as required in a safe manner and in compliance with Road Traffic to at least the statutory driving test standard and in accordance with procedures issued by the Passenger Fleet Unit.
- Maintaining all vehicles in a clean, hygienic and tidy condition both inside and out at all times, including replacement vehicles.
- Making sure that all cleaning equipment and materials are used/operated safely whilst ensuring all vehicle storage facilities are maintained to the appropriate standard.
- Undertaking minor vehicle repairs with appropriate direction from Transport Officers / Vehicle Unit.
- Assisting the staff at any depot, operating centre or unit to lead, unload, secure and deliver any miscellaneous goods or equipment as directed by the PFT.
- Assisting the passengers on and off the vehicle as well as assist with securing them and their wheelchairs in the vehicle with safety restraints and give personal assistance within the unit as may be required.
- To be responsible for fitting/removing seats, as required ensuring adequate seating capacity.
- Being responsible for the safety, general welfare and respecting the personal dignity of Service Users visited or passengers transported, reporting to the Senior Officer on duty or Transport Section, any accidents, incidents or difficulties incurred.
- Assisting Service Users in their homes or day care venue prior to boarding the vehicles and at their destination as required.
- Being able to communicate effectively between and with any representative of the City Council, Service Users, Carers and members of the public, maintaining a professional image at all times.
- Providing detailed geographical and other information when required enabling efficient route planning and vehicle scheduling.
- Reporting all vehicle accidents, difficulties and complete relevant documentation as soon as practicable following their occurrence to the Officer on PFT.
- Dealing with emergencies, according to Departmental procedure.
- Returning the vehicle as directed by the PFT.