On behalf of our client, we are looking for a PART TIME Minibus Driver to work term time only
4 hours a day from 0745-0945 and 14:00-16:00 for 4 or 5 days a week (16-20 hours a week)
This is a permanent opportunity so please don't apply if you are looking for temporary work.
The role is for a charitable organisation based in Sutton Coldfield who support children and adults with learning and physical disabilities.
You will be required to drive the mini-bus as required, safely transporting children/young adults as they use the respite service.
Duties as follows:
- To drive a transit van and clamp wheelchairs onto it (training will be given for the latter)
- To co-operate with the duty manager and team members to have the vehicle ready in a timely fashion to meet school start and finish times.
- To report to the Duty Manager any issues or concerns as they occur while on duty.
- To attend regular meeting's and have a willingness to undertake training to increase or update skills as requested by the Duty Manager
- To undertake routine domestic duties as deemed necessary to ensure high levels of cleanliness are maintained to minimise the risk of infection to all.
- To keep vehicle and all internal and external functionality in good state of repair, adhering to regulated safety standards and advising the Home Manager of any concerns.
- To work as part of a team ensuring that the organisation is represented well to all school practitioners.
It is ESSENTIAL that you have the following in order to apply;
- Confident driver with previous experience of driving vehicles carrying passengers
- To have a full clean driving licence.
- Basic secondary school education.
- Must be over 21 of age and have had full driving licence for 3 years and is able to drive a manual minibus.
- To have a clean police record.