A vacancy has arisen within the Purchasing Department of our client for an Assistant Buyer/ Buyer. This full-time permanent role is based in Barnsley. There is a Competitive Salary for the right candidate. Full training will be given.
As one of the UK's leading manufacturers of Kitchen, Bedroom and Bathroom fitted furniture, our client has had unsuppressed growth, with almost 50 years' experience. Their emphasis is on providing a high standard for all their products and the services they offer. They are currently seeking the very best people, to further strengthen their position within the industry by appointing dedicated individuals to share in their success.
This Assistant Buyer/ Buyer role involves purchasing a range of raw materials from selected suppliers, and achieving cost savings through supplier negotiations.
The key aspects of the Assistant Buyer/ Buyer role include:
- Negotiating with suppliers in order to meet our resource demands.
- Actively seeking cost reductions through research and resourcing.
- Identifying new opportunities, sources and materials.
- Achieving cost saving projects and objectives in agreed time-scales.
- Dealing with all aspects of supplier quality problems and taking preventative action in the event of actual problems.
- Maintaining adequate supplier information, ensuring that price information is kept up to date, and that all procedures are adhered to in line with the requirements of ISO9001 & 9400.
- Resolving invoice queries and maintaining supplier claim back data.
- Taking due notice of the Company's purchasing procedure.
- Maintaining a close working relationship with other departments, particularly Product Development, Marketing and Quality Assurance.
- Other reasonable duties required within the role.
As an Assistant Buyer/ Buyer you must be:
- Able to communicate confidently with people at all levels.
- Self-motivated and willing to work as part of a team.
- Able to work under pressure to maintain deadlines.
- Computer literate - particularly proficient in Excel and Word.
- Able to travel within the UK and overseas, including overnight stays as and when required.
You will also have:
- An excellent telephone manner.
- Excellent timekeeping and time management skills.
- A full UK driving licence.
- A current passport.
This position will be rewarded with a competitive salary.
If you would like to join their team please send your CV and covering letter quoting VO4085. In order for your application to be taken further please state your required salary.