SENIOR PROGRAMMER - Computer Games / Video Games - Warwickshire
Fantastic opportunity for a Senior Programmer to join and progress with an Award Winning and fast-growing Gaming Developer.
Based in Leamington Spa, known as one of the UK's biggest Gaming hub locations.
Not only is this location the hot spot for a career in gaming, it is also a nice place to live.
What makes it GREAT?
-Company has very low staff turnover, Excellent sign that they look after their staff.
-Recent Award for "Best Places to Work 2019"
-Unique projects, shaping the future of gaming.
-A highly successful and profitable business, a stable employer where you can progress your career for the long term.
-Exciting time to join their business as they look to unveil a new landmark project this summer.
-Fantastic company culture, big enough to keep you busy, but small enough to know your name, excellent option if you are fed up with being treated like just another number.
-Top company benefits and great working environment.
-Flexible working hours.
-Ethical business with strong values
-A reputation for promoting good work life balance and also a good social environment, with plenty of lunchtime social activities organised by staff, including board games, a table tennis league and a running club.
We are seeking a Senior Programmer to join our client, a fast-growing gaming developer based in Warwickshire, working on exciting projects with a long-term pipeline of work to fuel further growth of the business and your career.
* Work with the technical team to design and own systems in a multiplayer environment using C++ within Unreal Engine 4, initially on PC.
* Drive improvements throughout the codebase alongside the rest of the technical team.
* Build strong collaborative working relationships with all members of the team and studio, regardless of discipline or seniority.
* Understand the audience and core goals and game ethos.
* A passion for Unreal Engine compliant C++ and game architecture systems.
* Proven track record of debugging, performance analysis and optimisation in games development.
* Familiarity with version control, continuous integration, bug tracking and code review systems.
* Proactive individual with a can-do attitude.
* Ability to work collaboratively with a team of mixed disciplines, with good verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to understand and implement algorithms to specification.
* Solid foundation in maths, particularly 3D geometry.
* Flexible individual able to impact and build consensus across interdisciplinary areas of a project.
* Experience with graphics programming
* Enthusiasm for working with rendering systems.
* Experience using Unreal Engine 4.
* Familiarity with Mobile and Console platforms.
* Experience applying Automated Testing with Unit and Integration tests.
* Familiarity with the constraints of developing networked games.
* Experience developing Games As A Service.
* Basic understanding of scripting languages (e.g. Python/Lua).
* Familiarity with UGC games (e.g. Roblox, Dreams, Garry's Mod).
The successful Programmer will receive:
-Competitive Basic Salary
-Flexible Working Hours
-Relocation Allowance / Assistance
-Private Health Cover
-Gym / Health Club Memberships
-Life Assurance Scheme / Critical Illness & Income Protection
-Office Kitchen fully stocked with snacks and treats.
-Regular team lunches, company funded trips and events.
To be considered for this vacancy or to find out more information please apply now.
Services advertised by Talk Recruitment are that of an employment business and/or agency