I am looking to speak to a well-rounded Senior / Principal Flood Risk Engineer for a growing Flood Risk and Water Management Team within the North. This will be remote working with the opportunity to work from home as well as the office (if preferred).
About the role - Senior / Principal Flood Risk Engineer
I am seeking a self-motivated individual to provide technical leadership of projects, mentor junior team members and produce high quality technical deliverable's for a range of complex flood risk projects and major frameworks that are delivered for the Environment Agency, Local Authority and private clients.
As a Senior / Principal Flood Risk Engineer, you will be responsible for working closely with the existing flood risk team which includes a range of hydraulic modelers, civil engineers and flood risk specialists working at different levels. As well as working alongside our business development team to prepare proposals and bids you will also take a leading role in identify training and professional development needs of junior staff and in conjunction with our resource managers identify additional resource requirements to help grow our team.
What you will do as a Senior / Principal Flood Risk Engineer:
- Providing responses to all planning applications and pre-applications on highway drainage infrastructure and potential drainage/flooding impacts as a result of new developments
- Discharge of drainage/flooding related planning conditions for approved planning applications
- Identifying and securing drainage/flooding improvements and legal agreements to support development proposals
- Managing the delivery of sustainable drainage improvements and flood mitigation projects to maintain highway drainage and minimise the risk of flooding
- Investigating flooding incidents that occur in the Borough
- Act as the Council's LLFA representative engaging with senior managers, the public, Members, third parties, United Utilities, the Environment Agency (EA) and other Local Authority partners and representing the Council at Merseyside FCERM Partnership meetings (currently online)
- Working on bids for external funding (including EA bids)
- Experience in developing drainage/flooding strategies and policies (advantage)
Your experience as a Flood Risk Engineer will include:
- Bachelor level qualification and Chartered / near Chartered member of a recognised professional body
- Experience of working with the Environment Agency, developers or Local Authorities in the context of flood risk management
- Proficient in the use of TuFlow, ISIS or InfoWorks ICM hydraulic modelling software packages and relevant supporting software packages (SMS, MapInfo, ArcGIS and / or QGIS), and/or be highly proficient in hydrological analysis including FEH and ReFH
- Extensive technical skill in their nominated technical specialism (including FRA's)
- Experience managing the technical delivery of projects/packages of work
- Previous experience undertaking quality assurance reviews and audits of technical works undertaken by others.
If this role is of interest or you are looking for something similar it the flood risk, river and coastal industry, please don't not hesitate to contact us at Calibre Search
Calibre Search promote equality in the workplace and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified candidates regardless of their sex, race, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age. We act as both an employment agency and employment business.