Join us as an Infrastructure Engineer
What you'll do
- Specialising in the Datacentre Network Technical Design Architecture, you'll provide technical leadership across our Network platform and partner resources, delivering design and projects
- In order to achieve a first-class customer experience, you'll make sure that the project deliverables can achieve the customers' goals, within a well-considered total cost of ownership
- You'll work with colleagues across the bank, allowing you to expand your network and gain exposure for you and your work
- We're offering flexible working for this role, including the opportunity to work from home full time
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you'll be engineering technical infrastructures for departmental applications and services. You'll be working on service or change initiatives, ensuring their availability and maintaining, managing and deploying technology infrastructure on behalf of either the function or investment projects.
We'll look to you to take ownership and manage our technical artefacts and make sure that new project deliverables meet our business objectives and align with our strategy and roadmap . You'll be providing technical consultancy and design guidance to the project delivery community as well as taking accountability for all of network services technology governance.
You'll also be:
The skills you'll need
- Reviewing deployment documentation for all departmental infrastructure components from application and development
- Providing a base build for the development environment for the system and handover to the application and development teams
- Building the user acceptance testing environment for the system and managing all updates to the departmental infrastructure during the migration phase of the system
- Creating technical test plans and recording results for the infrastructure components, as well as engaging the application and development teams to assist with conducting these tests
- Creating technical implementation plans and running books for system deliveries
To succeed in this role, you'll need a broad understanding of how your particular area of expertise supports our customers, ranging from applications and services supported and developed to decisions taken, and risk based with the objective of producing high availability, low cost systems.
Additionally, you'll need advanced knowledge of data networks ,including products and design, as well as knowledge and experience relating to product lifecycle, governance and maturity frameworks. You'll also need technical leadership to drive the execution of network strategies, along with proven and extensive network design experience within the financial services sector.
You'll also demonstrate:
- A broad understanding of infrastructure layers or stack, with a broad knowledge across multiple platforms, such as mainframe, middleware, network or deeper specialism
- An understanding of the roadmap of your area of expertise
- The ability to work with design authorities to deploy cost effective and resilient solutions
- Significant experience of contributing to roadmaps and strategies, and working closely with third parties, assuring output and managing performance
- Good collaboration and influencing skills
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you're eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we'll do everything we can to help.