A Lloyd's Insurance Broker based in the heart of the City of London are looking for a Financial Controller to join their business. Managing a small team, you will closely support the CFO and will have regular interaction with other senior board members. Key areas of deliverables for this role will be:
- Monthly preparation of management information report distributed to the CEO and Finance Director. The report includes a full income breakdown and analysis, balance sheet and Profit & Loss.
- Preparation and finalisation of quarterly management information report distributed to the board of directors.
- Management of the accounts team (consisting of IBA Clerks and Finance Accountant)
- Preparation and delivery of various budgets, including income and cash flow to Finance Director
- Preparation and finalisation of Statutory audit and Client Money audit files for review by Finance Director and external audit team.
- Management of the Client Money calculations and flagging of any issues to the Client Money Officer, ensuring the firm is fully compliant with CASS 5.
- Preparation and submission of FCA returns.
- Effective management of month end procedures, including bank reconciliations, to ensure that they are finalised on the first working day of each month.
- Additional ad hoc finance related tasks for the board of directors and Finance Director
To be considered for this role you must have several years' experience in an insurance broking finance team. You must have strong communication skills to be able to deal with all levels within the organisation and an appreciation of the culture of an SME.