Senior Purchase Ledger Clerk
Reports to: Purchase Ledger Supervisor
Location: Potters Bar
Benefits : Pension, Share Save
You will be responsible for key supplier accounts to provide support to the wider team, which include processing of invoices; help/guide the team, monitoring shared inboxes, assisting with month end and on supplier reconciliations, dealing with allocation queries, assisting with payments and payment run and other adhoc duties in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial operations; whilst complying with company policies and procedures, ensuring high level of customer service is upheld at all times.
* A point of contact for M- Hance for approval queries.
* Requesting payment authorisations
* Responsible for a portfolio of Key suppliers.
* Investigating purchase ledger queries across the group.
* Escalating any concerns to the Purchase Ledger Supervisors.
* First escalation point for team members.
* Supporting the Group Purchase Ledger manager.
* Assisting with onboarding and training new team members.
* Liaising with Key Group suppliers and re-building relationships.
* The ability to spot errors and discrepancies.
* Reconciling supplier statements/accounts.
* Assisting with queries and reporting.
* Manage and work within multiple shared mailboxes ensuring all emails are dealt with and responded to within a reasonable time.
* Requesting copy invoices and statements from suppliers to keep accounts up to date.
* Work to agreed KPI's.
* Deal with accounts queries promptly and efficiently.
* Providing timely information to other members of the Accounts team and the wider firm.
* Assisting with reviewing KPI's.
Experience and Skills Required
* Minimum five years purchase ledger experience.
* Intermediate excel skills ( Pivots tables & V look ups)
* Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external stakeholders
* PLC experience.
* Coldharbour experience.
The job description is subject to change as the role evolves