FDS Recruitment is currently seeking a Trainee Fire and Security Engineer in Hayes, Middlesex
Our client is a family owned BAFE accredited company based near Hayes in Middlesex. They are highly skilled in assessing the fire and security risk and work with customers to develop a solution to meet their needs no matter how small or large the project. Our client provides a design, install, commissioning and maintenance service delivering quality and value every time.
Our client has a vast amount of fire and security industry experience and this allows them to deliver contracts within residential and commercial sectors on time and within budget. To meet this increase in demand they would like to recruit a Trainee Fire and Security Engineer to join their growing team of experts.
You will be hands on and have had previous electrical, fire or security experience. You are now looking to take the next step and are ready for additional responsibility. You must be prepared to travel, flexible in your duties and keen to learn. Training, guidance and support will be given so that you become a capable, confident fire and security engineer.
You must be reliable, conscientious, hardworking and have a positive "can do" approach.
This is a varied and challenging role and suitable if you would like to add to your current skills and learn to install and service fire detection and security systems.
Trainee Fire & Security Engineer Qualities
* Professional, confident manner with excellent customer care skills
* Work well within a small team and on your own
* Able to use own initiative
* Positive, self-motivated and proactive individual
* Work methodically with the varied equipment used
* The ability to operate effectively under pressure to rapidly changing circumstances
* Well organised and assertive
You will be supported by a skilled engineer and will undertake the install and maintenance of mainstream fire detection and security systems.
The majority of contracts are in the Middlesex area but it is important that the candidate is prepared to travel. All works and paperwork must be completed in accordance with British Standards and company policy.
Trainee Fire & Security Engineer Preferred Knowledge and Experience
* MUST have previous electrical, fire or security experience
* Be aware of / have an understanding of BS 5839
* Enjoy learning new skills
* Ability to use own initiative
* Willing to travel
* Drivers Licence
* Covering Hayes area and further afield
In return you will receive
* Basic salary ranging from £18,000 - £24,000 per annum
* NO call out rota
* Company van
* 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Training and support on going
* Workplace Pension
* Mobile Phone