Shorterm Group require the following:
JOB TITLE: 4 x Electrical Modifications Technicians
JOB LOCATION: Ilford, London
HOURLY PAY RATE:£19.34 Ltd/ £15.31 PAYE
SHIFTS: Minimum of 50 hours a week. Overtime available.
SHIFT PATTERN: Fully flexible to support 24/7 Cover. This includes Days/ Nights & Weekends.
BORED IN YOUR CURRENT INDUSTRY? ARE YOU AN ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN LOOKING FOR A NEW AND EXCITING CHALLENGE IN THE ROLLING STOCK INDUSTRY? IF SO PLEASE READ ON:
Working at Ilford Depot we require 4 Electrical Modifications Technicians who will initially be engaged for the implementation of a suite of modifications both electrical and Mechanical on a refresh project of a mature fleet.
In addition, the position holder will eventually be responsible for carrying out routine maintenance, repair and fault finding on Electric Multiple Units. Take overall responsibility of vehicle examinations in line with vehicle maintenance instructions (VMI's).
Undertake all types of maintenance examination work to ensure that we provide a safe, reliable, and defect free train. Take responsibility for the safe, efficient and professional workmanship of oneself and others under your control.
Duties could include the following:
• Checking train systems including TPWS (Train protection and Warning Systems), AWS (Automatic Warning Systems), PIS (Passenger Information Systems), Traction, braking, doors, radios, CCTVs, HVAC units DOO (Driver only operations systems) and MVB (communication network system).
• Using manufacturer supplied computer programs to interrogate and program parts and systems.
• Gather evidence of faults and create reports to ensure warranty covered parts are replaced
• Liaising with reliability engineers and the customer to ensure there is a continuous improvement to fleet reliability
• Carrying out inspections and checks to ensure reliability of fleet
• Carrying out modifications
• Carrying out work recording via both paperwork and computer (SAP)
Qualifications / Education required:
Electrical Engineer - Minimum requirements NVQ Level 3 award in an Electrical discipline or similar.
EX Forces Electrical Engineers
EX Forces Mechanical Engineers
If you wish to be considered for this role, please send your CV including scanned copies of your qualifications and scanned copy of your passport to (url removed) OR call Nathan Twigg on (phone number removed).
PLEASE NOTE ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A DRUGS AND ALCOHOL TEST BEFORE BEING OFFERED A POSITION (this is standard procedure on Rail depots)
Please note due to the volume of applications, we can only commit to contact those candidates we deem suitable for the position. However, we may retain your details and contact you in the future should suitable positions arise