Our client is on the lookout for experienced, motivated Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineers to join its Wigan plant. As part of a worldwide manufacturing conglomerate known for its innovative approach and state-of-the-art technology, this forward-thinking company is recruiting talented individuals to become part of its supportive team and reach their full potential.
The company is a world-leading manufacturer of construction materials, delivering solutions across the UK, Europe, Asia, America and Africa.
Salary of £45,600 (inclusive of shift allowance)
The main responsibility for this role is to perform efficient and effective maintenance of all plant and site machinery to the appropriate compliance standards, whilst improving plant performance and reliability.
You will also be responsible for conducting fault finding activities to identify any areas of concern and implement rectification methods to ensure the continued smooth and safe running of equipment.
* Deliver mechanical and electrical fault finding whilst implementing both corrective and on-going preventative solutions
* Conduct proactive planned maintenance that meet departmental KPIs
* Perform constructive, accurate corrective maintenance actions at all times
* Observe relevant legislation and use appropriate PTWs and SSWs
* Continuously improve and innovate to find improved/streamlined working practices
* To become an active, dedicated, trusted member of the team
* Liaise with the plant's operations team leaders and other members of the Company's management team.
* To monitor equipment performance, and rectify faults and breakdowns
* Apply working knowledge of 5S principles
* Maintain records within the site maintenance system.
* To participate in relevant training courses in order to enhance your skills, and assist in the training and development of other plant technical personnel
Experience & Skills Required
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
* Recognised experience onsite as well as an NVQ Level 3 National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
* Proven experience in electrical/pneumatics systems fault finding; multi-skills in electrical and mechanical disciplines
* A natural aptitude for leadership
* The ability to work alongside other operatives and team leaders and create an atmosphere of trust, confidence and efficiency
* ONC/HNC or PLC fault finding qualifications would be advantageous
What's on Offer
Our Client is offering a salary of £45,600 (inclusive of shift allowance). You will be working in the Company's UK main manufacturing plants and will receive ongoing training and development to further your career.
This is a permanent role with a rotating shift pattern
Diversity & Inclusion
Kingsley Consulting operates an inclusive and diverse recruitment process, whilst also ensuring our clients do the same and we can provide any advice or education to them in relation to this. If there may be any support or adjustments required at any point throughout your recruitment journey with us, then please let us know and our trained consultants will assist and advise you accordingly