Planet Forward have been engaged by a National Equipment Distributor who support a range of Defence contracts across the UK. Currently seeking a Full Stack Developer (Contract) to join them remotely on a contract basis (6-9 Months) until they relocate their HQ to Abingdon longer term.
Our client are looking for an additional developer to join a small team working on an exciting project to build a Fleet Management System (FMS) comprising of a bespoke Customer web portal, integrating with ERP and supply chain systems.
The successful candidate will work with the project manager, business analyst, Applications Lead and other developers to develop this greenfield system, then move on to enhancing and maintaining it working within an agile, sprint-based environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop modern web applications and integrations, whilst gaining experience of ERP (training will be provided) The role will be based from home with flexibility for home working with up to 1-2 days travel per week to other office sites.
* Work as part of a small but enthusiastic and motivated IT team that delivering high-quality, secure software into production
* Promote clean efficient coding standards using SOLID principles, implementing design patterns as required
* Apply strong data query and report design principles
* Develop within and contribute to an agile working development model e.g. sprint, Continuous Integration
* Play an active role in the conception of new features
* Liaise with technical and non-technical staff to ensure developments are fit for purpose
* Be responsible for enhancements and changes managed through our governance process
* Be responsible for ensuring vulnerabilities and penetration test issues are addressed prior to deployment into the production environment
* Working closely with Test Analysts to perform root cause analysis and fixes for any defects raised
* Ensure ideas for improvement are shared and best practice promoted across the team.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
* T-SQL (including stored procedures)
* MS Report Writing
* HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, jQuery
* Web services - producing and consuming, WSDL, etc.
* Unit testing, Continuous Integration
* Web portal and ERP back end integration work - writing web services
* Strong database and report development experience
* Web development with any part of the full stack which is a Bootstrap / jQuery-based client interacting with a C# / T-SQL backend
* Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) - configuring, maintaining, issue investigation, etc.
* Extensive SDLC experience gained in agile and waterfall environments
* Substantial knowledge of software design patterns and effective development methodologies
* Significant knowledge of database queries and report writing
* Significant knowledge of data structures and algorithms
* Significant problem-solving, written and verbal communication skills
* Extensive Customer and quality focused experience with excellent attention to detail
If this is of interest, please get in touch for an informal and confidential conversation on (phone number removed).
We are an equal opportunities Recruitment Business and Agency. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age