Senior Controls Engineer
£48k-£58k (dep on exp)
We have a brand-new position in Cambridgeshire for a talented Senior Controls Engineer with strong electrical controls systems development experience. To join a worldwide technology leader within the Semiconductor industry - developing hi tech special purpose machinery which incorporates aspects of Physics, Electronics and Mechanical Engineering.
As a Senior Controls Engineer you will be the technical leader for the design and development of new and existing control systems. This will incorporate your PLC/automation knowledge within Siemens, Allen Bradley and Mitsubishi etc. However, experience with Beckhoff would be a distinct advantage!
As a Senior Controls Engineer, you will be tasked upon the following:
* The generation of detailed electrical diagram and drawings of power distribution and control systems suitable for manufacture
* Contributing to cross-functional development project teams for engineering development projects.
* Leading by example; implementing effective solutions to ensure the company's systems remain at the forefront of technology.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a forward thinking and open-minded player within the semiconductor market; continually expanding and offering new and innovative products!
* Preferably a degree in engineering within an electrical discipline or equivalent OR HNC + experience.
* Proven background in controls system development
* Strong experience with E-Plan software would be an advantage
* Strong knowledge in field-bus systems (DeviceNet, Ethercat) and PLC control
* Good knowledge in the design of drive systems, pneumatic control and automation technology.
* Ideally with experience in control of electro-pneumatic/mechanical systems, 3-phase power distribution and heater control systems