Adecco are currently recruiting for a Head of Traffic and Transport
to work for a Local Authority based in Hounslow. Head of Traffic and Transport HounslowFull time - 36 hours per weekTemporary role - 6 months (minimum)£29.09 per hour PAYE / £37.65 per hour UMBRELLA
Our client is seeking an experienced Head of Traffic and Transport to lead our busy traffic management and transport planning service. There is a need for additional resource to support the effective implementation of the clients' ambitious Streetspace programme, which includes 20 Low Traffic Neighbourhoods, 30+ school streets and range of pop up cycle lanes.PURPOSE OF ROLE
- To be the Authority's Statutory Transport Manager.
- To lead the Division and ensure the delivery of high quality and integrated transport, traffic management and highways planning advice service which help to improve the economic, social and environmental well being of the borough and support the delivery of the Council's wider corporate plan targets:
- To ensure the delivery of high quality and integrated transport, policy, design services and programmes which help to improve the economic, social and environmental well-being of the borough and support the delivery of the Council's wider corporate plan targets:
- To develop a transport strategy that is fully integrated with the Council's other place shaping strategies and provides the vision for improving transport services and infrastructure in the borough.
- To negotiate successfully with Transport for London and others to secure the funding to deliver the strategy and to oversee the successful implementation of all resultant improvement projects.
- To contribute to the Council's traffic management and network management duties, through the design, funding and commissioning of appropriate infrastructure.
- To lead the design, consultation and funding services necessary to achieve the provision of new highways infrastructure that supports sustainable travel and road safety initiatives.
- To devise and deliver an integrated road safety education and travel demand management service to effect improvements to road safety and a redistribution of modal use towards more healthy and sustainable choices.
- To support the Borough's regeneration efforts and improve the provision of public transport by negotiation with Transport for London, transport operators and developers.
- To oversee the Council's land survey and CAD service in order to support the section's infrastructure design functions and to provide an efficient and effective resource for other sections within the Council.
- To ensure that the Division assists the Council's selected highway maintenance contractor in achieving a major programme of improvement works, through the prompt processing of any necessary orders and other support.
- To ensure that quality consistent highways advice is given to the Development Management and Regeneration Service and to developers
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy