Science Teaching Assistant
We are currently working with a mainstream secondary school in North West London. They are currently looking to recruit a SEN teaching assistant to work within the Science department. You will work across key stage 3 and key stage 4. They would like someone who has experience of working with SEN students, and will support them to target their specific need. The school offers the opportunity of schools direct training.
The school is located by the London Overground and many bus routes.
This is for a September Start and will be ongoing until at least the end of the school academic year.
Key parts of the role:
- You will be working within the SEN department.
- Mainly Science.
- Assisted students with special educational needs
- Some small group work.
- Behaviour management.
- Study Support.
- Lunch duties and homework club.
- Pastoral support.
Key skills and experience needed:
- SEN Experience
- University degree or A Level qualification
- Previous support work within a school or other child related experience
- Professional manor
- Enthusiasm and friendly approach
- Experience or knowledge within special educational needs
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to Jo Bennett at Veritas Education.
Veritas Education are currently working on various vacancies so even if this one doesn't fit your exact requirements, we may have something more suitable for you. Please send through your CV or give me a call so we can discuss other opportunities.***Veritas Education offer competitive rates of pay***
Veritas Education are actively working with schools in Havering, Barking and Dagenham, Redbridge, Newham, Waltham Forest, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Islington, Camden, Westminster, Kensington and Chelsea, Haringey, Enfield, Barnet, Harrow, Brent, Hillingdon, Ealing, Hounslow, Hammersmith, Richmond, Kingston, Croydon, Merton, Lambeth, Southwark, Lewisham, Greenwich, Bexley and Bromley.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.Disclaimer
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'