ENGINEER OF RECORD - DenverAre you an Engineer of Record with a strong background in geotechnical and civil engineering? Do you a global experience of design, construction, and closure practices for mining facilities, specifically tailings and waste storage?Do you have strong projects experience?
Our client is a top tier global design and delivery company who collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring buildings, energy and resource, environmental, and infrastructure projects to life. Their work ranges from engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning.
With a focus on growth our client is looking for a Senior Principal Geotechnical Engineer to join their global mining practice as a leader in their Denver, Colorado office. This position will work collaboratively with the Global Mining Business Line, to support the service needs of their clients on local and international projects.What does this Senior Principal Geotechnical Engineering role involve?
Skills and experience
- Engaging a highly skilled team of engineers and scientists in the technical execution of planning and design of Waste Storage Facilities (WSF), Tailing Storage Facilities (TSF) and Water Management Facilities in support of mining activity spanning from aggregates to precious metals.
- Developing, maintaining, and enhancing the company's market profile, position and brand imaging as it relates to civil/geotechnical engineering through our global strategic plan.
- Managing the risk exposure for the company and the clients in the global marketplace.
- Having a clear understanding of the current and future market and business conditions, revenue and profit potential, major clients and competitors in our active mining markets.
- Assisting in developing and then implementing of regional, country, and client marketing strategies to enable optimum market penetration of the sector in selected geographies.
- Identifying the skill and expertise gaps to meet the current and future market opportunities.
- Assisting in the recruitment of high calibre engineers and scientists to our Global Mining Practice.
- Previously been an Engineer of Record, this is essential.
- Registered Professional Engineer with ability to obtain reciprocity to targeted states engaged in mining activities within.
- Membership of professional bodies related to geotechnical engineering, tailing/water dams, and international mining.
- 20+ years' experience as a geotechnical engineer with strong experience in tailing/water dams.
- Ability to lead several projects or tasks with a sound understanding of overall goals, objectives and costs to our clients.
If this is an opportunity you would like to discuss further, please get in contact.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90644292