We are currently recruiting for a Deputy Manager to be a part of a team offering a comprehensive therapeutic residential service to children and young people within our Birmingham region This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about making a difference in young peoples lives. Responsibilities:
To support the Registered Manager in the overall management of the home. This includes assisting the manager in supervisory responsibilities within the team, caring for the welfare of the young people alongside having an understanding and commitment that their care is provided in line with the legislation, policy and ethos as required by Meadows Care and Ofsted.Essential Qualification:
The post holder must have NVQ level 3 or level 3 Diploma in caring for children and young people.
This post is subject to a 6-month probationary period.Main Duties:
As we offer a constant service of support, the Deputy Manager will work a rota system that includes a 24-hour shift pattern including weekends, Bank Holidays, Christmas and New Year, incorporating sleep in duties.
- To support the Registered Manager in ensuring compliance with the company Policies and Procedures, legislation and social policy.
- To deputise for the Registered Manager in their absence only in matters relating to the day-to-day running of the home.
- To promote the welfare and development of the young people in our care.
- To promote and maintain an environment of anti discriminatory practice and equality of opportunity for staff and young people in accordance with Meadows care Polices and Procedures.
- To work with the Registered Manager to devise, implement and review a Meadows Care Plan that reflects the needs of the young person.
- To support the Registered Manager and the team to ensure that the young person's stay complies with the ethos of Meadows Care.
- To ensure that the home provides an environment that is safe and sensitive to the needs of the young people being looked after.
- To ensure that the young people are supported in stressful situations of crisis and to work with the Registered Manager and team towards the most positive outcome.
- To be instrumental in overseeing the development monitoring and implementation of the young people's files, Risk Assessments and ICMP's.
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with parents, social workers, schools and other professionals involved with the welfare of the young people.
- To uphold the good reputation of Meadows Care at all time.
- To promote the participation of the young people and the staff team to be fully involved in the decision making process that affect the day care and running of the home.
- To assist the Registered Manager in ensuring that all staff receive regular supervision and maintain relevant documentation and to ensure that staff supervision is effective in developing their existing skills and abilities.
- To attend training and commit to their own personal and professional development.
- To assist the Registered Manager in ensuring staff attend all training and implement their learning into work practice.
- To be instrumental in maintaining good communication systems including all meetings, handovers and logging.
- To participate fully in the statutory reviewing process including assisting the Registered Manager in the preparation of review reports.
- To be accountable to the Registered Manager in areas of rota's - house - expenditure - resources - time sheets - maintenance the up keep and appearance of the home.
- To support the Registered Manager in managing the welfare of staff, offering support at times of stress, praising work completed and monitoring performance including sickness and absence.
- To identify and address any issues of conflict within the team, to record accurately and if issues persist to seek support from the Registered Manager.
- To undertake all on - call duties on a rota basis, which may include covering shifts when required..
- To undertake any such duties that may be required by the Registered Manager and Service Manager.