We are looking for a Registered Learning Disability / RNLD or Mental Health / RMN or General Nurse /RGN, with a passion for delivering the best quality of care, to join us out our Learning Disability Service in Scotland.
You will be working as a Nurse at Thistle, located in Dundee.
Thistle is a specialist residential service supporting up to ten individuals with learning disabilities and complex needs. The team of nurses and support workers also support those with complex behaviours, as well as those who have associated mental health needs.
• Produce outstanding written reports based on your nursing assessments and observations
• Work closely with the management team to develop the service, audit, and improve quality
• Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge and promote nursing
• Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives and other healthcare professionals
• Administer prescribed medicines with Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines.
Why Cygnet? We'll offer you...
- RCNi membership
- Monthly reflective practice, support with revalidation & CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- A high quality work environment
- Free meals on duty
- Employee referral scheme
- Employee recognition initiatives
- Opportunity to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health check
You will have...Essential:
• Experience as a Registered Nurse Mental Health / RMN or Learning Disability / RNLD or General Nurse / RGN with a current Pin Number
• Experience in a learning disability service/ward or with those who have learning disabilities.
• The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits and demonstrate integrity in your role
• Well informed of the Mental Health (Care and Treatment) (Scotland) Act 2003 & have an understanding of latest nursing practices
• A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage and reduce risk
• Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence.Desirable:
• The ability to deputise in a clinical lead role
• An interest in leadership, research and assessment
• Experience working in a residential serviceCygnet Health Care
has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years.
Thistle is a purpose-built building with its own gardens. The service delivers 24 hour care and support within a structured environment. There are a number of living areas for people to choose from, whether they want time to socialise as a group, or to spend time alone.
The service also features a state of the art sensory room as well as a number of different outdoor spaces for people to choose from. There is a supported life skills kitchen where individuals can plan and cook meals and snacks for themselves and their visitors.
Thistle is located in the city of Dundee, which has an extensive array of community amenities, including leisure centres, social clubs, shops, colleges, and work placement settings. Individuals can also enjoy walks and visits to the nearby botanical gardens and Discovery Quay.What next?
If you care about making a difference - we want to talk to you!Click the link to apply.