You will join us as a Senior Litigator and will be responsible for supporting the portal submission and portal admission teams by handling all cases that require issuing, in addition to those where settlement cannot be agreed. You will be responsible for managing the process efficiently, whilst securing the maximum win for both the consumer and the business.
Senior Litigator Responsibilities:
- Support the next step in the claims process by taking ownership of own caseload from issue to case conclusion
- Utilise your advanced knowledge to settle claims where quantum has not been agreed during earlier stages of proceedings
- Work closely with all other teams, ensuring a smooth handover for both the consumer and case
- Draft particulars of claim and all other documentation required for case progression, professionally and accurately
- Understand the process for fast and multi-track claims, being able to maximise revenue dependant on track
- Have the ability to meet strict court deadlines
- Be well versed with CPR rules and relevant case law
- If required, attend conferences, hearings and CMCs
- Be responsible for the instructing of Counsel or experts
- Provide support for other teams where necessary and act as a referral point for more complex queries
- Be responsible for file closure decisions, ensuring files are closed in a timely and appropriate manner
- Personalise every interaction with the consumer, ensuring empathy and understanding are expressed at all times
- Listen and assess the consumers' case, supporting them through the latter stages of their claim
- Retain consumer engagement through the provision of informed advice, demonstrating technical know-how
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of our market to ensure knowledge and skills remain fit for purpose
Senior Litigator Requirements:
- Experience of handling non-portal claims from either a Claimant or Defendant perspective
- Ability to handle a mixed case-load of denied and admitted claims
- Proven ability to handle own case-load, adhering to strict SLAs
- Experience of managing risk to make commercially sound decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of analysing and interpret information to make decisions
- Strong IT competence
- Excellent customer service skills
About NAHL Group:
At National Accident Law, the home of National Accident Helpline, we live by our values of 'We are curious', 'We are driven', 'We are passionate' and 'We are unified' and our people do too. Whether it be helping people to start their recovery journey, supporting our panel of solicitor firms or working together across departments to achieve results our people work as one team.
At National Accident Law, we work differently to handle compensation claims in a modern, imaginative and refreshingly personal way. We are looking for the curious minds that can shape and drive innovation in accident injury law.
You can join us too and play your part in making a real difference to our consumers and benefiting from working for a successful market leader.
Job type: Full Time, Permanent, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: up to £40,000
You may have experience of the following: Senior litigator, Litigator, Litigation, Solicitor, Legal Advice, Legal Assistance, Civil Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Corporate Law, Commercial law, Litigation Paralegal, Legal Administrator, Home Working etc.