We are currently looking to recruit a Field Delivery Manager to be based out of our Liverpool or Preston office, to work on our Telecom Contract in the North West of England, Merseyside, Lancashire, Cheshire and Cumbria.
The successful candidate will support the Performance & Compliance Managers through day to day management of the Supervisory Team in successfully delivering all contracts in a Safe, Quality manner, to agreed timescales and deliver the required revenues and margins.
Support the implementation of key strategies to ensure the continuous improvement of operational effectiveness and customer service whilst maximising revenues and subsequent profits.
As the Field Delivery Manager, your duties & responsibilities will be:
* Embed a structured and consistent approach to the Supervision of all Field Operatives across both Flex and Civils whether they are Direct Labour or Sub-Contractor resources.
* Work in conjunction with the Regional Co-Ordinators to ensure all estimates have suitable start dates, with allocated resources and dependencies in line with project plans.
* Responsible for 'on the day' delivery of all works within the region in a Safe, Quality and On Time manner.
* Identify areas for improvement at a supplier level providing feedback to the Performance & Compliance Managers to enable them to construct plans to deliver the required changes.
* Attend planned Supplier CRM's when requested and provide support to help them succeed in delivery.
* Analyse reporting on the activities and outputs of the Supervisory team and use the data to drive improvements and performance management where necessary.
* Manage supervisor performance with a structured supervisor performance mechanism that will form monthly 1-2-1 review meetings to continually improve supervisor performance.
* Ensure key objectives and goals are in place with the Supervisors in line with the business strategy.
* Stakeholder manage within the customer base at Management level.
* Work in conjunction with Co-ordinators to identify areas of success and for improvement.
* Have an awareness of financial impact relating to performance and compliance.
* Provide direction and governance through the Supervisors to deliver improvements in line with any agreed streetworks, quality or safety improvement plans.
* Manage HA stakeholders and attend relevant streetworks meetings as required.
* Support a Succession Planning programme within the business to encourage and enable the development of team members who are identified as suitable for progression.
* Encourage recruitment to senior roles from within the business to maximise retention of personal.
* Ensure that the Organisational design is fit for purpose and periodically review to ensure that it remains optimal for the needs of the business and our Clients.
* Sponsor new ways of working which would improve delivery and service then support any activities being undertaken to implement change.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
* Proven track record of working at a Senior Supervisory level within the Telecoms Industry or other similar utilities.
* Ability to provide management to Field based teams working remotely
* A basic understanding of both Financial and Commercial activities and dependencies.
* Ability to understand and implement agreed plans which support the needs of the business and support operational effectiveness.
* The ability to work collaboratively with Stakeholders both within the Client arena and the Supply Chain.
* An ability to understand and operate within a process driven environment.
* A strong technical background across multiple disciplines that are relevant to projects being overseen is necessary