Lotus Cars builds world class, high performance and lightweight sports cars that are sold all around the world. The current range - which is 100% 'For The Drivers' - includes the Evora coupe, the critically acclaimed Exige and the iconic Elise.
The latest new Lotus is the Evija, our all-electric hypercar that is the world's most powerful series production model. All Lotus cars are rightly regarded as being the benchmark for exceptional ride and handling, lightweight engineering, exceptional steering, efficient aerodynamics and driver-focused interiors.
Our founder Colin Chapman always believed that a driver wants feedback and control, instant response, precision and agility, the power to accelerate and the ability to stop almost instantly. Over the last seven decades, Lotus has remained true to this ethos. Our core values, our pioneering approach to automotive engineering and our rich heritage - both in road and race cars - are guiding our future.
The ongoing transformation of Lotus is laid out in the company's Vision80 strategy, which states what Lotus will be in 2028 when we celebrate our 80th anniversary. We welcome talented, creative and motivated people to join us on our journey.
This role is focus upon the activation of the brand at a local dealer level. The intention is to increase the volume of brand compliant, retailer based marketing activity, such that the retailers develop robust communications programmes & manage their data in a complimentary way with Lotus Cars.
* Develop a strategy for all dealership marketing, which supports the Lotus brand and marketing strategies. To communicate this within the organisation, and the dealers through written communications and verbal presentations as agreed.
* Work with the wider members of the Marketing and Communications team to ensure consistency and integration is achieved between dealer activity and Lotus Group marketing and brand strategy.
* Lead the planning, development and delivery of marketing activity, across all relevant channels to drive customer enquiries/engagement for new car sales, used cars, finance products and aftersales requirements in support of business targets.
This could include but not be constrained to:
* Quarterly campaigns
* Production of campaign templates
* Digital materials (eDMs, DR banners & SoMe ads)
* Point of sale materials
* CRM activities Mailers - National and Dealer,
* New product launch marketing (EV, new sector)
* Review and grade current dealer capabilities and plans
* Develop efficient and effective dealer support strategy
* Introduce a centrally activated full-funnel approach
* Including best-practice lead generation and pipeline management processes
* Coordinate centralised asset creation and supply
* Management and governance of the Co-Op fund
* Measure and report effectiveness
* Engage dealers in delivering immediate and future sales
* Ensuring that Lotus DNA runs through all activation assets
* Equip dealers with best-practice plans and resources to identify and convert sales targets
* Drive business performance and lay the foundations for future launch activity
Minimum 10 years marketing experience within the automotive sector (Manufacturer/importer) inc min 5 years field based, dealer facing marketing consultancy.
* Metrics-driven with a solid understanding of tracking influence and impact, and how best to articulate this to stakeholders outside of marketing .
* Strong computer skills (MS Excel,Powerpoint)
* Strong ability to drive and increase ROI in marketing activities.
* Experience of planning, managing and implementing network wide SoMe (all platforms), eDM, display marketing campaigns.
* Hold a relevant Degree or equivalent qualifications/experience
* Budget management skills
* Strong research and evaluation skills
* Excellent relationship building skills
* Able to work as part of a team or individually
* Strong communication skills
* An eye for detail.
Managing relationships with retailers, often in the moment, can be draining and difficult. This role needs a person with great Drive. Someone who can fuel the retailers with enthusiasm to solve problems and deliver results.
The role will require extensive travel to key identified dealers within UK, France, Germany and Italy (Covid permitting) Therefore a company vehicle will be a necessity