Job Title: PES Engineer
Location: Seascale, Cumbria
Duration: Staff / Contract
Assystem are an Award-Winning International Engineering Design Consultancy who provide innovative and cutting-edge solutions. We have a number of UK based offices and a significant, loyal client base.
As our reputation for proficient delivery of complex projects grows even stronger, we have a need for a CE&I Engineer to join the team in Risley.
The aim of the project is carrying out multiple, large value, security enhancement projects across the site.
• To be part of team to deliver several projects / sub-contractors across the Site.
• Site based but with travel to supply chain premises as required
• Experience and skills of Programmable Electronic Systems, Network architecture and associated software systems, preferable in security applications
• Knowledge, experience and application of the Design Process, "V" model and associated design documentation and deliverables, in line with the PES lifecycle documentation production.
• Experience of similar roles in a regulated environment advantageous
• Team player, logic thinker
Responsibilities will include:
• Working with the supply chain to ensure that site retains sufficient knowledge and understanding of delivered designs
• Ensuring safe & legal designs.
• Developing and maintaining design intent during the project delivery lifecycle.
• Ensuring that projects deliver design records to enable installation, commissioning, use and care to demonstrate that functional and security requirements are fulfilled via the project CMIP.
• Production of "golden thread" documentation, e.g. PFS, V&V, Basis of design.
• Act as interface between project delivery design team and EngA/system engineers
• Be SQEP WRT design delivery process and the art of design.
• DIC will utilise specific SME's in security in design and have the ability to call upon other design capability SME's e.g. PES, Power, Blast and ballistics, Seismic.
• Provide LFE from other projects.
• Undertake design surveillances (Audits) on supply chain design delivery processes.
A full job specification is available.
Previous experience is important, but not essential, the candidate should have experience in a similar role, and should ideally be a Chartered Engineer, or working towards gaining Chartered status. They should be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
* The ability to work unsupervised.
* Can produce and maintain key deliverable documents/reports, calculations, schedules, drawings etc. to programme.
* Awareness of the current PES specifications/requirements
* MS Office suite of programmes (Word, Excel etc)
* CONCISE / CIMAGE
The position is subject to the ability of the candidate to obtain as a minimum SC clearance.
To apply forward your CV on this advertisement, if you have any queries about the role or would like a full job spec please contact Aidan at Assystem