Are you ready for a new challenge and wanting to be rewarded for your efforts?
Do you have a natural person-centred approach with a desire to enable those who you support to achieve greater independence whilst obtaining career progression? We are currently working on behalf of a specialist care organisation who are looking for full time waking night support workers to make a difference in their services across Shropshire - covering the areas of Wem, Oswestry, Shrewsbury, Ludlow and Ellesmere. The services specialise in supporting individuals with an acquired brain injury (ABI) and autism and due to the nature of this role, being a driver is essential. If successful you will be offered a permanent position with a salary of £8.72 p/h and are paid mileage with an organisation who offer excellent benefits and career progression opportunities.
We are looking for a Support Worker who has:
* A friendly, caring approach
* A genuine desire to help others
* The ability to relate to people with a variety of backgrounds
* A professional, reliable, and flexible attitude
* The ability to work on your own or in a team
* Patience and a sense of humour!
If this sounds like you, then in return you will be rewarded with:
* A competitive salary
* Paid holidays
* Free training
* Regular support and supervisions
* Support for Health and Social Care Qualifications such as NVQ / QCF
* Contribution towards company pension scheme
Activities of support vary from daily living skills i.e. cooking, cleaning, personal care, travel escorts, teaching of independent life skills to assistance with accessing community-based activities such as going to college, swimming, work placements and other social and leisure activities