Business Unit: Brand and Marketing
Salary: from £39,000 depending on experience
Contract type - 12 months fixed term
In our quest to make things better, we never stop looking at how every bit of banking works. We sweat the small stuff, because we know it makes a big difference for our customers. But at the heart of this are our people - who we couldn't do without. Our bold and brilliant colleagues who bring their A game every single day. The question is - are you ready to bring yours?
Virgin Money are looking for a talented Senior Interaction Designer who will bring to life the Virgin brand through a range of digital product launches and initiatives. You'll be working in a digital space, crafting apps and web services for our customers, helping ensure they have the best experience possible.Here's what you'll be doing
• Working across different digital touch points to ensure a consistent branded customer experience, by thoroughly understanding and implementing our design guidelines.
• Taking basic wireframes and hand-drawn scamps and turn them into production-ready designs complete with assets and annotations.
• Explore multiple design directions in a rapid, iterative manner, and be able to incorporate feedback from the digital and brand teams.
• Influence how look, feel and motion affect the user experience.
• Support the wider design and experience team as they explore new design concepts and patterns.
• Adhering to our brand guidelines and user experience principles, meticulously ensuring all design and production standards are met.
• Working closely with the development and test teams to ensure your work is correctly implemented and brought to life in the way you designed it to be.
• Be an expert at articulating behaviours, pain points, anxieties and writing scenarios.
• Prioritise and sequence design activities and help provide 'big picture' thinking on key strategic initiatives.To be brilliant, you need to have
• Expert working knowledge of Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite, (in particular Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign).
• Good working knowledge of HTML, CSS and JQuery.
• A pixel-perfect attention to detail, with a keen appreciation for colour, type, layout, illustration and photographic direction.
• An expert at designing for mobile and desktop across screen sizes.
• A good understanding of interactive patterns and motion within digital, and proficient at anticipating and preventing errors.
• Ooze creativity and curiosity, coupled with a natural desire to innovate.
• Be able to work individually or collaboratively within a team when required.
• Great communication skills, being able to present your work clearly and confidently to senior stakeholders and team members alike.
• Well organized and able to adapt to new situations, changing priorities, and ambiguity.
• Be able to influence and challenge internal functions to ensure the experience is not at risk of damaging the user experience or customer needs.
• Significant experience of working within visual design.The icing on the cake would be
• Knowledge of building out design systems.
• A curious mind and a learning mindset.
• Knowledge of working with Abstract and Github.
• Can use Adobe After Effects and/or Premiere.
• Experience with Agile development process.RED HOT Rewards
- A generous holiday package and the option to buy more!
- Private Medical Insurance - with the option to extend to family members.
- Pension! A market leading pension - we'll top up your contributions too.
- Flexible benefits - customise your rewards to work for you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It's good for you, it's good for us and it's amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don't think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We'd love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at or Point to note
At the minute, depending on which team you are joining, lots of us are working from home. This is something that may change over time, and if so, we will come together in one of our hub locations, giving you the chance to meet your new colleagues in person. We will of course, make sure you have the IT equipment to access our systems and to interact digitally with your new team and colleagues, but we thought it best to let you know this in advance, so you can make sure you are set up to work safely and productively. If you have any questions on this let us know! Now the legal bit...
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.