Flight Software Engineer - Big 4 Tech - 11-month contract
Our client is building and operating a network of stratospheric balloons, delivering connectivity to all people across the globe. This project is run by world's best known leader in technology sector, famous for its search engine along with other fantastic products.
Duration: 11-month contract
The Flight Engineering team is responsible for 24x7x365 command and control of the entire fleet of balloons. This includes navigation, fleet risk management, and software and hardware debugging.
In this role you will:
* Support 24/7 operations by working rotating 8 hour shifts. This includes holidays and weekends.
* Make tactical decisions affecting airborne activities including testing new hardware, launches and landings
* Debug in-production systems, troubleshoot anomalies related to balloon vehicles and navigation, and work with subsystem engineers to improve subsystems.
* Assist integration and operation of airborne tests and non-standard or new systems
* Coordinate with and provide timely information to Air Traffic Control Agencies and Aviation Authorities around the world for the operation of Loon High Altitude Balloons
* Design and improve processes, automation and monitoring systems for a safe and scalable operations of large fleets of balloons.
We're looking for a candidate who:
* Has a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering degree OR around 4-6 years of experience in similar/related field
* Understands Physics (Newtonian)
* Has experience in C and C++
* Nice-to-have: Java, Python, Go, Perl, Ruby or shell scripting
* Has experience with Linux/Unix
* Is familiar with aviation operations or satellite operation
If you have the above experience please apply asap as you might be the perfect match!